iOS 5.1 Beta 2 is out.

kshen1

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
update: so I don't know If this is a result of the new build or not, but i cycled through my battery today and am getting much better battery life!

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm at 40% right now, standby 18 hours, usage 4 hours. I think this is the best I have obtained so far...seems to be a change alright....

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
oh...and I noticed the earlier post mentioned something about being able to delete photostream pictures? Did they do away with that?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
oh...and I noticed the earlier post mentioned something about being able to delete photostream pictures? Did they do away with that?

Hey rich, I think that was something that was in the 5.1 b2 build. Idt it's in this 406 that you restored to :) I'll see if I can find the post somewhere around here about it. I remember Alli commented on it as well:)

Lol, ok excuse my confusion here. For some reason I thought this was posted in the 406 thread :eek:
But, I did find on the first page of this, a member mentioned that the photo stream can be individually deleted. Now idk what the status is on that-no one else has commented.

Last edited:
Reactions: noaim

kshen1

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
It sucks that iOS 5.1 is lacking new features. The only thing noticed is the photo stream deletion.

The thing is that with each new Beta, Apple can add new features, so we might see more new features in future betas and the final release

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
update: so I don't know If this is a result of the new build or not, but i cycled through my battery today and am getting much better battery life!
After a cycle I too am getting better life, but from experience with this device it will almost always go back to the way it was. Yesterday I unplugged my phone at 1PM at 100% and it was dead before 11 with 3.5 hrs usage... after a cycle I unplugged around 1:30AM this morning and right now I'm at 52% with 2hrs 22mins usage and 17hrs 8mins standby. It seems with this device it's either one or the other, but never both. I can never get decent life out of both... just incredible stats from one. Either it drains like crazy in standby or drains 1% every 2 or 3 iMessages... I know 5 hrs is the going average, which is what I'm pretty much on par for, but I feel that's unacceptable. Seeing people on 4's with 6-7 hrs usage I feel us 4S owners are getting the short end. I've had every iPhone other than the 4, and the only time I can think of battery being this bad was iOS 2.0/2.1... I'm updating to the betas when they come out, but here's to hoping it gets sorted out soon.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey rich, I think that was something that was in the 5.1 b2 build. Idt it's in this 406 that you restored to :) I'll see if I can find the post somewhere around here about it. I remember Alli commented on it as well:)

Lol, ok excuse my confusion here. For some reason I thought this was posted in the 406 thread :eek:
But, I did find on the first page of this, a member mentioned that the photo stream can be individually deleted. Now idk what the status is on that-no one else has commented.

I'm also interested in knowing if photos can be individually deleted. I am not using
Photo stream because of this!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm also interested in knowing if photos can be individually deleted. I am not using
Photo stream because of this!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I actually do use photo stream as of now because I haven't had a chance to USB to a computer and copy my wps from my iPhone to my desktop yet. Once I do that I'll ditch photo stream as well.

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
fwiw, i found it a little buggy when using wifi but hey, it's beta
Blink's got it right... it's a beta. The point of it is to find the bugs before it goes out to the masses... it's the negative side of being a guinea pig lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox