iOS 5.1 Beta 2 is out.

bigsam

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok , had my iphone for over 3 weeks now, i updated yesterday to 5.1 b2 and suddenly everytime i switch of the phone or go out of range from the wifi network the connection drops and i have to manually re enter the password......any know issues? recommendations ?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Ok , had my iphone for over 3 weeks now, i updated yesterday to 5.1 b2 and suddenly everytime i switch of the phone or go out of range from the wifi network the connection drops and i have to manually re enter the password......any know issues? recommendations ?

Nope. It's beta. It's supposed to have issues. Go ahead and submit your bug report to Apple.

AppleSmart

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
baseband was updated to 1.4.00. That's a pretty big jump. Since it's a new qualcomm chipset revision on the 4S, I am sure they are just refining some internal plumbing.

Would this interpret to a better signal? I looked up baseband but don't have a true understanding. Thanks!

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Would this interpret to a better signal? I looked up baseband but don't have a true understanding. Thanks!

Well baseband is the radio firmware. The radio is part of the Qualcomm chip that powers the iPhone 4 on verizon, sprint and all 4S models. When they update it, it could mean better signal, but it also can adjust power requirements, bug fixes, many other small details.

Possession

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

I noticed WiFi problems on my iPod, it'd connect on initial setup. Then when I finish setup, I'd have to reenter my details. It'll connect, I'll leave it on stand-by and go back and it's forgot the network again. No problems on 5.0.1.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Two questions, does anyone remember how many 4.1 betas there were? Do you think Apple will release a GM beta before its public release?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73