iOS 5.1 Beta 2 is out.

Avenged110

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been digging through every piece of this update and here's what I've found. Some of these were small tweaks present in Beta 1 but not reported.

First off I'm on a 4 and getting great battery life. I mean it's like unbelievably great. I'm impressed.

Shorter "Slide to Unlock" slider on lock screen.*Idk why but this pisses me off.

"Go to this address" placeholder text in address field of Safari.*

"Sleep iPod" changed to "Stop Playing" in timer settings in Clock app.*

"iPod Voice control is always enabled" changed to "Music Voice Control..." in pass code settings.*

'Use location' toggle in Twitter settings for account removed.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I do notice my 3G speeds are slower. I routinely hit 5 mbps 5.1 beta 1 and below, but with this firmware, I have yet to hit 4 mbps. Barely even 3.5.

ElwinAdam

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
i just updated and it looks pretty good but even after restarting my phone the battery level may be just a tad worse then before..but I'm not entirely sure other then that its still good but they should work on bigger projects then smaller ones to be honest

royolpunk

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I've been digging through every piece of this update and here's what I've found. Some of these were small tweaks present in Beta 1 but not reported.

First off I'm on a 4 and getting great battery life. I mean it's like unbelievably great. I'm impressed.

Shorter "Slide to Unlock" slider on lock screen.*Idk why but this pisses me off.

"Go to this address" placeholder text in address field of Safari.*

"Sleep iPod" changed to "Stop Playing" in timer settings in Clock app.*

"iPod Voice control is always enabled" changed to "Music Voice Control..." in pass code settings.*

'Use location' toggle in Twitter settings for account removed.

dang. I didn't notice the smaller slider until you mentioned it. haha. thanks for the heads up!

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I will wait until after vacation to play around with this beta. I have no battery issue on this iPhone 4S an want to keep it that way. If I go to bed with 100%, I will still have 95% to 97% depending on the amount of email that came after 6 hours. I can get as high as 20 hours at home with great signal and as low as 6 in a building with poor signal of normal usage.

i installed last night, went to bed around 11pm with 100%, woke up at 6 am had 20 new emails, 7 notifications from mlb trade rumors, 2 ebay notifications, had full signal and was connected to my wifi. i ha 65% left, thats not an improvement if u ask me. just my experience so far. i will play more today

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Why not just leave your phones plugged in at night and have it at 100% for sure when you wake up in the morning?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Why not just leave your phones plugged in at night and have it at 100% for sure when you wake up in the morning?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
Not everyone has an outlet by their bed (given they use it as an alarm clock like I do). I charge mine to 100% and then put it on my headboard. Depending on how many emails I get the battery can have anywhere from 97-93% when I wake up from my average of 5-6 hrs of sleep. But back on the topic of Beta 2... I have also noticed that you no longer get the error when looking to see if there's any available updates OTA. I'll probably end up downloading the IPSW anyway for B3, but nice to know that function is back in.

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Wonder if the battery issue is finally fixed ?

I downloaded apps and deleted emails, usually doing that would knock down my battery 5% at a full charge. So it feels better, I left my house at 8.10 AM, and got to work at 8.45am. It only went down 2%, because of emails and looking for signal. I am liking the new update.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Just sharing

time since last full charge--
usage - 5hrs 54 mins
standby - 5 hrs 54 mins

Was fully charged at 10ish.. Have been streaming pandora for about 3 hours total, 50 new emails(all push) 20 notifications, minimal txting, moderate amt of gaming, no wifi or bluetooth, less then 10 minutes of phone calls.

Reactions: ndogo

chriscoleman

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
time since last full charge--
usage - 5hrs 54 mins
standby - 5 hrs 54 mins

Was fully charged at 10ish.. Have been streaming pandora for about 3 hours total, 50 new emails(all push) 20 notifications, minimal txting, moderate amt of gaming, no wifi or bluetooth, less then 10 minutes of phone calls.

Just a thought - You may want to restart your phone!

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
My battery is awesome. So far after 10 hours of standby and 2 hours of usage I've still got 72%. Super happy about that.

Dazcox5181

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
As of right now...

5Hours 9 minutes usage (some music, browsing, email, WAZE GPS few games) 3 email accounts, iCloud on, nothing disabled!

1 DAY 2 hours standby...

and 31% battery left!!! Best so far!

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I have noticed the static that happened while on calls has decreased noticeably. It may still be there, but if it is, I don't really notice it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods