Toddler deleted video- Can I get it back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

happycamping

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
So I have my toddler's ipod to automatically do icloud for backup...anyhow he deleted a video on his ipod that we took in disney and I can't seem to recover it. Any suggestions??

Please do not attack about my toddler having an ipod! I had tons of apps on my phone for him to use before my company required a password be set on my phone for security reasons and to get emails for work. Instead of loosing all those apps and making him mad, he got a used ipod touch for a gift. So please no judging. (Also should know my toddler is no typical toddler. He just turned three and is reading at a 1st grade level and writing WITH NO ADULTS PUSHING) I am truly just trying to save a video from my kids ipod that was dear to him. I wasn't thinking and didn't look to see if I could password protect deleting videos and photos off his device. So any help on trying to recover would be greatly appreciated! I am not sure when the video was deleted so I can't know for sure how long it's been gone. We have only been home a month from Disney so it's been since then.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
iCloud backup or Photostream?

If it's simply doing an iCloud backup, restore from backup and you should have it back.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Assuming you have it set to backup photos and videos in the iCloud settings, you should be able to restore from backup and it'll be there. That depends on how long ago it was deleted however. If it was deleted a while ago, iCloud may have already backed up again without the video and overwritten the backup WITH the video. So you may be out of luck. :(

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

d0ster

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe iCloud backs up videos taken. Only purchased videos from iTunes. As Alli said, your best bet would be to restore from iTunes, if you backed up to iTunes when you had the video. Good luck.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
So I have my toddler's ipod to automatically do icloud for backup...anyhow he deleted a video on his ipod that we took in disney and I can't seem to recover it. Any suggestions??

Please do not attack about my toddler having an ipod! I had tons of apps on my phone for him to use before my company required a password be set on my phone for security reasons and to get emails for work. Instead of loosing all those apps and making him mad, he got a used ipod touch for a gift. So please no judging. (Also should know my toddler is no typical toddler. He just turned three and is reading at a 1st grade level and writing WITH NO ADULTS PUSHING) I am truly just trying to save a video from my kids ipod that was dear to him. I wasn't thinking and didn't look to see if I could password protect deleting videos and photos off his device. So any help on trying to recover would be greatly appreciated! I am not sure when the video was deleted so I can't know for sure how long it's been gone. We have only been home a month from Disney so it's been since then.

Sounds like you're outta luck here. As someone else said, icloud would've backed up over it. icloud backups are basically snapshots of your phone at a given time..and you only have the latest. Like a balance sheet.

Even periodically backing up to itunes would fail you here for the same reasons unless you also import pics & video into a folder. You have to get those videos on your PC or dropbox or similar. App Store - PhotoSync - wirelessly transfers your photos and videos is an app i use for this.

As for attacking the notion of a toddler having an ipod? Mine's had one since she was 2. I'd do it all over again.

happycamping

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
Thanks folks! I think we are out of luck! That will teach me! HAHA - I'll give it a shot at getting data back once I am home with it again. I do think I backed it up on the computer when we returned in order to do the conversion to ios5.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes it would be in a back up(if you did one since video was shot) but not Photostream.

garykelly

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Mac File Recovery from iPod

You can easily do Mac file recovery from iPod by making use of Remo Recover (Mac) - Media Edition software. With the help of this software I had succeed in recovering deleted videos and photos from iPod. In case if you want to evaluate iPod recovery, download the demo version of this software.

Last edited:

crystalde

Banned
May 11, 2013
Visit site
If you sync your iPhone before restoring, your iPhone's backup will be overwritten with whatever is available on your iPhone.
If you restore before syncing, your iPhone will be restored from your iPhone's backup that is available from the last sync.

madeinhb

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Bigger question is why does a toddler have an iPod?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Since the OP's question(s) are answered up the thread... and the conversation lagged until it was resurrected for a swipe at something that doesn't really address the topic at hand... thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2