Live

Black Friday deal team is live right now!

Check out the hottest Black Friday Deals!

Expand Minimize
    Quick question; I know that the text bubbles represent whether a text is imessage or sms. My wife has an iPhone 4 and her brother has a 3g w/ iOS5. During one conversation some of her text bubbles came up blue while others came up green (on her phone). Why would the same conversation be going out as SMS and iMessage?

I hope that made sense.

Thanks in advanced.
    Last edited by Virtsciteach; 11-30-2011 at 09:13 PM.
    11-30-2011 09:08 PM
    Depending on if the person has 3G or not. If one person doesn't it'll send as text. It happens to me occasionally. Nothing to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-30-2011 09:17 PM
    iMessage requires data connectivity.. if a data connection is lost on either end it will automatically send a text message. You can turn this off in settings if you want.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-30-2011 09:23 PM
    Depending on if the person has 3G or not. If one person doesn't it'll send as text. It happens to me occasionally. Nothing to worry about.

iMessage requires data connectivity.. if a data connection is lost on either end it will automatically send a text message. You can turn this off in settings if you want.
    Thanks guys this actually happened to me today for the first time while I was texting my husband. Depending on the area he's working in can have crappy signal, so I'm guessing that's why it happened then !!
    noaim likes this.
    11-30-2011 09:48 PM
    Thanks guys this actually happened to me today for the first time while I was texting my husband. Depending on the area he's working in can have crappy signal, so I'm guessing that's why it happened then !!
    no problem!
    11-30-2011 09:57 PM
    Glad to help

11-30-2011 09:58 PM
    I was wondering the same thing. Good to know!
    11-30-2011 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.