iOS 5.1 Beta 1 bugs and changes

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
just finished updating/restoring as new myself. syncing music, tones and apps now..

anxious to see what, if any, battery improvements there are. tomorrow of course

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm, the firmware now shows 1.2.01-1. Pretty big jump from 1.0.13. Something big enough was changed. AT&T profile is now 11.1 and it seems the panoramic picture taking ability isn't included in this build...if in 5.1 at all. Nothing too new yet.

Location service seems to be taking a little longer than normal to close out.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
just finished updating/restoring as new myself. syncing music, tones and apps now..

anxious to see what, if any, battery improvements there are. tomorrow of course

Ditto on the battery. I just did an upgrade to 5.1, not restore.

Last edited:

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
If it's not enabled, it's not there. You shouldn't need to modify plist files to get a function. I am guessing it will be enabled perhaps in beta 3. Obviously this won't go 7 betas.
Maybe. I am not sure I am loving the way they implemented it anyways. Using the video camera instead of snapping stills and stitching them together is kinda hokey, imo.

B

bonesb

Updated carrier profiles for ATTWS (11.1) and VZW (11.2) on my iPhone 4 devices. No issues with contacts/phone/messages on our test devices - each app works as expected.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Updated carrier profiles for ATTWS (11.1) and VZW (11.2) on my iPhone 4 devices. No issues with contacts/phone/messages on our test devices - each app works as expected.

Tap on your profile for Verizon and tell us what PRL you are on. Perhaps an existing iOS 5.0 Verizon i4 user can tell what they're on.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Loaded it on iPad. Was able to do through option/update on Mac. Don't notice anything different. Have not done 4S yet.

B

bonesb

Tap on your profile for Verizon and tell us what PRL you are on. Perhaps an existing iOS 5.0 Verizon i4 user can tell what they're on.

The latest for VZW for my plan and region, updated on the 15th - 52629. FWIW, I'd updated the PRL when it came out a couple of weeks ago, noted the carrier profiles then and again after the update.

Last edited:
B

bonesb

Safari on my iPhone 4 devices no longer pops up the bookmarks list when the app is opened/reopened. I like this change, hoping the option is still available to toggle this when the GM comes out.

stevedabomb

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Loaded it last night. Went to bed at 100% and woke up at 60%. Better than the 30% I used to wake up at. Still not acceptable to me. Everything is turned on except raise to talk. Havent found any new features yet except the shake to shuffle for music has been fixed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73