Coming from Android here, would like to know if there is any way to back up my text messages from there and export them to my new shiny iphone?
    11-21-2011 12:20 PM
    I don't think there are any ways to do that. If there were it likely takes a fair bit of work.
    11-21-2011 12:44 PM
    That's correct, can't be done.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    11-21-2011 12:52 PM
    There may be ways to get it off your android phone onto the computer for saving it but not onto the iPhone.. I know with iPhone I have a app on my mac then lets me put them on my computer
    11-21-2011 12:59 PM
    my messages are already backed up on the computer under an xml file but Id rather be able to see the from the phone
    11-21-2011 07:39 PM
    my messages are already backed up on the computer under an xml file but Id rather be able to see the from the phone
    As was said, it's not going to happen.

11-21-2011 08:16 PM
    Yeah sorry. There's no way that you're going to be able to load them on your iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-21-2011 08:34 PM
    As was said, it's not going to happen.

sucks! "welcome to iOS!"
    11-21-2011 11:59 PM
    sucks! "welcome to iOS!"
    It's never bothered me. I've never had any texts I considered that important.

11-22-2011 12:28 AM
    It's never bothered me. I've never had any texts I considered that important.

the thing is i forget who people are and if i can see the convo history i can recall who it is
    11-22-2011 12:38 AM
    the thing is i forget who people are and if i can see the convo history i can recall who it is
    Don't you put people in your contacts to remember them?

11-22-2011 12:52 AM

You'd be surprised how many people don't add them to their contacts... I still don't understand it and never ask.

They usually okay me to wipe their devices and when they get it back w/o the sms, they go crazy saying they need them. One of the main reasons is because they don't know certain numbers.
    11-22-2011 01:00 AM

Yeah surprisingly I have seen a lot of people who do the same thing. It doesn't make sense to me, but whatever. It's not like the contact is in there forever. If you don't need it anymore, you delete it. Wala

11-22-2011 06:55 AM
    Wow! Okay, then.

Personally, if I don't know someone, they aren't getting my number to call, or text me.

11-22-2011 12:57 PM
    I save all my numbers ... Which explains why I have 925 contacts LOL
    11-22-2011 03:54 PM
    Wow! That's insane. I go thru my contacts once a month, and If I haven't talked to the person, or what to think...Joe...Joe who (it's better now, I started to use last names.). They're gone.
    11-22-2011 03:59 PM
    Wow! That's insane. I go thru my contacts once a month, and If I haven't talked to the person, or what to think...Joe...Joe who (it's better now, I started to use last names.). They're gone.
    IM completely ocd about my contacts each one has first last name and most have company that they work at filled in.. I also have pictures for almost every contact in my address book.. I probably dont have as many contacts as some with just over 125 contacts but mine are very well kept.
    11-22-2011 04:41 PM
    You'd be surprised how many people don't add them to their contacts... I still don't understand it and never ask.

They usually okay me to wipe their devices and when they get it back w/o the sms, they go crazy saying they need them. One of the main reasons is because they don't know certain numbers.
    this is nuts to me I have a very well kept contact file.. and would never think of doing it differently
    11-22-2011 04:42 PM
    LOL! I have 10!

11-22-2011 06:00 PM

I do but with the job that I do I dont necessarily remember everyone's name and who is who.

its true that there are also lots of numbers that i dont automatically save their number
    11-23-2011 11:48 AM
    Or why not pick up your android and enter names for the SMS you have since you know who they are by history. Then sync to google. You can then have your iPhone sync to the same google account and viola your contacts will all be intact.
    08-16-2012 11:37 AM
    Never too late to reply. A program called Backuptrans Android SMS to iPhone Transfer can help. Works like a charm. Try it.
    It's a paid app, do you have any free apps that do the job?
    08-24-2012 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD