I was just wondering if the reason everyone is so battery crazy is because they are watching the percentage. Is anyone is willing to turn off the percent sign for a day to see if the phone gives you enough juice to perform your daily tasks.
    11-16-2011 05:57 PM
    I was just wondering if the reason everyone is so battery crazy is because they are watching the percentage. Is anyone is willing to turn off the percent sign for a day to see if the phone gives you enough juice to perform your daily tasks.
    I don't think thats the case. People who know their phone and battery, knows how much usage time they use to get per charge. Now that usage time has been slashed. That's how people truely know that they are getting bad battery life.
    11-16-2011 06:02 PM
    I don't think that has anything to do with it. I've seen peoples usage where they're at 2% and only been off the charger 10 hours with 3 hours usage. That just isn't normal. I've been off the charger 28 hours and still have 42%, batt left.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-16-2011 06:08 PM
    Im not going to turn it off...

I use it as a guide..I don't want to go out knowing Im going to be out for quite awhile and not have enough battery to cover my usage, so I glance at my battery percent and determine whether I give it a charge before I leave the house, or charge it in the car before I reach my destination...after all I believe that's why its there..
    big9erfan and noaim like this.
    11-16-2011 06:27 PM
    I feel better about my battery when the percentage is off. But I don't think I ever had bad battery life.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk!
    11-16-2011 07:04 PM
    I feel better about my battery when the percentage is off. But I don't think I ever had bad battery life.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk!
    I have great battery life, but I just really feel the need to know exactly how much battery I have left. Like I know at this moment, I have 33%.

11-16-2011 07:10 PM
    I feel better with number, with them I can estimate left time than with some green or red pixels
    11-16-2011 07:33 PM
    I don't think that has anything to do with it. I've seen peoples usage where they're at 2% and only been off the charger 10 hours with 3 hours usage. That just isn't normal. I've been off the charger 28 hours and still have 42%, batt left.

The question is less "how long of standby" have you had and more "how much usage have you had".

Do you have picts of your usage and standby stats from your phone?
    BLiNK likes this.
    11-16-2011 07:48 PM
    The question is less "how long of standby" have you had and more "how much usage have you had".

The usage is blank for some reason. But I have been off the charger since 345 yesterday afternoon. I would say I have about 6 hours of usage and the rest standby. But that is my average use.

11-16-2011 07:55 PM
    I leave it on to see how much I have left.. I dont look at it ever waking second though so its not a big deal to me..
    11-16-2011 07:58 PM
    Turning it off is what would drive me crazy!

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    11-16-2011 07:59 PM
    Turning battery percentage OFF is like not knowing how fast ur going in ur speedometer MPH or having no fuel gauge LOL

ThePinkChameleon and verwon like this.
    11-16-2011 08:09 PM
    Turning battery percentage OFF is like not knowing how fast ur going in ur speedometer MPH or having no fuel gauge LOL

LOL !! i like your terminology Sj !!

I actually did try turning my percentage off on Sunday......well, that didn't last very long lol. I've grown accustomed to having it on my home page and I like knowing exactly where my battery life is numerically
    11-16-2011 09:30 PM
    Why would you have battery % off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-16-2011 09:36 PM
    For me, seeing the percentage dropping Is maddening. I guess it's because I've only been on IPhone for a few weeks coming from Android. Definitely needed the placebo effect for that thing. Haha

11-16-2011 10:23 PM
    my OCD will not allow me to turn the % OFF
    11-16-2011 10:39 PM
    During initial setup out of the box is the percentage on or off? I bought mine from Craigslist so I'm not sure.

11-17-2011 05:42 AM
    During initial setup out of the box is the percentage on or off? I bought mine from Craigslist so I'm not sure.

On my 4 it was off by default.
    11-17-2011 07:02 AM
    On my 4 it was off by default.
    Thanks! I wanna say when I set mine up a couple weeks ago mine was off as well...just can't remember.
    11-17-2011 07:47 AM
    my OCD will not allow me to turn the % OFF
    Same with me!
    11-17-2011 09:05 PM
    After I completely discharged my phone 2 times (like wont turn on until on charger) it seems to be close to pre-5.0 battery life but its still a little be more hungry than it was.

Not using GPS services
    No reminders going
    15 min e-mail push
    keep most apps for closed
    no active blue tooth antenna
    and im on wi-fi 90%+ of the time.
    battery % on and off not sure if it helps

I know that using data on 3g is more of a power hog than on wi-fi so if you never have regular broadband I could see you having to charge your phone more.
    11-17-2011 09:32 PM
    I know that using data on 3g is more of a power hog than on wi-fi so if you never have regular broadband I could see you having to charge your phone more.
    That's funny, I thought the opposite was true.

Mine was off on the 4s out of the box from Sprint so I didn't even know it could display the percentage for nearly a week. After trying it on for a few days I decided I prefer to have it off. It easily lasts me over a day with frequent use and that's all I care about. Having it on makes me worry needlessly.
    11-17-2011 11:40 PM
    That's funny, I thought the opposite was true.

Mine was off on the 4s out of the box from Sprint so I didn't even know it could display the percentage for nearly a week. After trying it on for a few days I decided I prefer to have it off. It easily lasts me over a day with frequent use and that's all I care about. Having it on makes me worry needlessly.
    +1

The needless worrying!
    11-18-2011 07:29 AM

Finally got the phone back down kind of low. Here is a screen shot showing standby, usage, and how much battery is left. I'll take another screen shot when I get lower.

11-18-2011 08:59 AM
    Finally got the phone back down kind of low. Here is a screen shot showing standby, usage, and how much battery is left. I'll take another screen shot when I get lower.

Click to view quoted image
    This is pretty typical to what I'm seeing. I'll get about 6-8 hours of usage with a Day+ of standy on a full charge. It definitely has more to do with the USAGE than the standby though
    11-18-2011 12:55 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD