Hey TiPb Users,

I just did a reboot on my phone since it was a little sluggish and this is the first reboot since updating to 5.0.1 on my AT&T 4S. After the reboot I lost a few of my settings like, brightness level, battery percentage showing, default ringtone/text msg tone, and text message preview not showing.

I've fixed all except for the text message preview. I now don't have the option to turn the preview off under messages in settings. This option is completely gone. Has this happened to anyone else, am I looking in the right place? Any recommendations on how to fix this? How can I restore from an iCloud back up if need be?

Also, is there a way to clear out a notification on the notification center once I push on it without having to go back and "X" it out? i.e: If I see a email banner come through, pull down the notification center and chose that email, is there a setting to clear it out the notification at the same time w/o have to go back and clear it out?

Thanks for the help. Getting tired of these small bugs.
    11-16-2011 01:24 PM
    Once the email is marked as read it should clear it from notification center ( at least that's how it works with my email accounts....my email accounts are setup via IMAP & Exchange though, so YMMV ).

As per your text message settings, try under notifications.
    11-16-2011 01:52 PM
    Once the email is marked as read it should clear it from notification center ( at least that's how it works with my email accounts....my email accounts are setup via IMAP & Exchange though, so YMMV ).

As per your text message settings, try under notifications.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I found the text message setting where you said as well as the email clears out once read. I never noticed that. Do you know if there is a way to clear out the app alerts once their clicked on as well?
    11-16-2011 02:35 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply. I found the text message setting where you said as well as the email clears out once read. I never noticed that. Do you know if there is a way to clear out the app alerts once their clicked on as well?
    That should be automatic as well. I had the same issue as you with apps (WWF) not clearing out in Notification Center and not getting voicemail notifications after I upgraded to 5.0.1, but a reboot seems to have fixed both issues.
    Last edited by NoleScream; 11-16-2011 at 02:49 PM.
    11-16-2011 02:40 PM
    Apps need to be updated to clear out their notifications once they've been opened.
    11-16-2011 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD