Hi everyone. I have an odd question. Has anyone ever seen their battery percentage jump from one number to another?

I recently restored my phone as new in an attempt to fix my battery issues after downloading the newest update. I have been monitoring my battery levels over the last week to see if I have improvement from before.

On the way to work this morning I started with 100% and after arriving to work about 10 minutes later my level was down to 97% after listening to music. After unlocking my store I unlocked the phone to check the level and my battery percentage jumped to 99% then back down to 97%. Has anyone ever had this happen on their phone?

Thanks in advance!
    11-16-2011 10:23 AM
    Can't say I've ever seen it jump down then back up. Are you sure your eyes weren't playing tricks on you?
    11-16-2011 10:50 AM
    Can't say I've ever seen it jump down then back up. Are you sure your eyes weren't playing tricks on you?
    Positive. I know it was early......but I swear I saw it happen. I thought it was a little strange for my phone to drain 3% for listening to itunes for 10 minutes, but when I looked at the battery percentage it jumped up to 99% from 97% and back again. I don't know what to think?
    11-16-2011 11:17 AM
    Positive. I know it was early......but I swear I saw it happen. I thought it was a little strange for my phone to drain 3% for listening to itunes for 10 minutes, but when I looked at the battery percentage it jumped up to 99% from 97% and back again. I don't know what to think?
    Thats happened to me while charging. It will say 88% then i unplugged it and a few minutes after it was at 91%.
    11-16-2011 11:34 AM
    Hmmm. Odd. Haven't seen that. I used to see this in my BB after rebooting. Did this happen after a reboot by chance?
    11-16-2011 01:55 PM
    Jajaja. I've seen it too. Most of the time is when I put it on the charger or take it off. Kinda crazy.
    11-16-2011 02:16 PM
    This has been happening to me for a while. I posted a thread about it in the Jailbreak section hoping there would be a Cydia tweak that would allow resetting battery stats.

http://forums.tipb.com/jailbreak-app...ery-stats.html

It's very simple to do on Android. Is there really no way to reset them on iOS?
    11-16-2011 02:51 PM
    No, it didn't happen after a reboot. I drained the battery the day before and did a full charge that night.

Update: Not 10 minutes after writing this reply I picked up my phone and it jumped from 98% to 100% and finally settled at 99%.
    Last edited by jwgriffin; 11-17-2011 at 06:32 AM.
    11-17-2011 06:22 AM
    I haven't seen it with the iPhone but I work with alot of battery powered calibration equipment and similar things happen with that. My theory is that what your seeing at any one time is perceived battery power, which sometimes gets lower under heavy use, or maybe even subjected to low temps. Once the unit sits idle for a bit the true leftover charge is displayed.

Come to think I've seen this with an old cell phone of mine, an LG Lotus. Occasionally, after undergoing the one of the above conditions, the battery bar would increase without being charged.

This is a downside of always seeing the percentage. A few percent either way on any device is nothing. I wouldn't worry about it.
    11-18-2011 12:21 AM
    I had my hotspot on, on my 4S for my GF on our way back from work. When I got home I saw it at 50 percent, I turned it off and put it on my bed. Got undressed to go to the gym, I get an email from someone, and I see my battery percentage at 60-65 percent. It caught me by surprise, but yeah it jumped.
    11-18-2011 12:04 PM
    Thats happened to me while charging. It will say 88% then i unplugged it and a few minutes after it was at 91%.
    This happened here too
    My iphone 5 was 13% , when i plugged it in it jumped to 100% in less than 5seconds. When i locked it and unlocked it the battery was at 14%
    I unplugged it and plugged it in again and it became again 100%
    01-17-2015 04:34 PM
    03-30-2015 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD