Turn Off Notifications Globally?

kevlar x

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I've just noticed that I no longer have the option to turn off notifications globally, only individually. I used to sometimes turn off notifications completely but now in settings/notifications I no longer have that option, just the option for each app. Is this the same for everyone? Seems rediculous if this is the case.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I've just noticed that I no longer have the option to turn off notifications globally, only individually. I used to sometimes turn off notifications completely but now in settings/notifications I no longer have that option, just the option for each app. Is this the same for everyone? Seems rediculous if this is the case.

looks like they changed it in 5.01
I can no longer turn them all off either..

kevlar x

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Not much response here but seems like a major problem to me, I work nights and don't want random notifications waking me up while I sleep by day but I still want to receive phone calls so putting the phone into silent/airplane mode is no help. Yes I can silence each apps notification but then I miss out on the notification sounds while I'm awake unless I want to spend ages turning each one on and off constantly. What a daft move by apple.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Yep, they got rid of the global settings in iOS 5. I hope they bring back the global setting, but leave the granular settings as well.

CBMem

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I keep hoping they did that in preparation for introducing Blackberry-like notification profiles in 5.1! (now that they have individual notification settings for different events, it's the next logical step, right?)

kevlar x

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I am resurecting this thread in hope that someone can help because this is really bugging me now. I'm currently playing the awesome game Pinball Arcade and I am seeing a lot of balls drain beacause of the framerate going haywire during notifications. Now I know I could turn off notifications one by one but this is not practicle, I want notifications normally, just want to turn them off when I need to.

Does anyone know of any tweak that can globally disable notifications?

Thanks

Kev

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I too am interested in bringing this back. This is a good feature to have with those without iHome docks and those that are coming from BlackBerry looking for something similar to bedtime mode.

fury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I left them feedback at https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p in the hopes that they bring it back.

I liked to use the global switch as a quick way to disable the connection to the Apple Push Notification Service and conserve battery & data.

Profiles would be an even better idea. Looks like I'm gonna drop them another letter in the feedback box. :p

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner