anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
And here's mine...

battery-1.png

The_colombian

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Thats bad. Are these iP4s? Im at 92% with 5.0.1 on a iphone 4 and it been off the charger since 9:30 am.

Actually, the first pic is pretty good with a whole day off the charger.

Last edited:

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Thats bad. Are these iP4s? Im at 92% with 5.0.1 on a iphone 4 and it been off the charger since 9:30 am.

Actually, the first pic is pretty good with a whole day off the charger.

Just time off charger is meaningless. You need to provide your usage stats as well. If you're at 9x% after 5 hours or whatever it's bc you have good service and you aren't actually using your device much.

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
After reading and re-reading tons of posts, I?ve realized that the iphone battery is good for some and not so good for others. I think it really depends on your usage habits, and what phone you had previously come from. If your used to charge your phone every night than you should be fine.

From my personal experience, I've only had blackberries, from the pearl 8120, bold 9000 bold 9700 torch 9800, i have had to charge these devices every night, regardless of how much I used it. On a really heavy usage day, where I am at a no wifi location, I can easily go to bed at the end of the day with my iphone being over 40% left. On days that I am near wifi this iphone is a true workhorse and can easily be over 55% at the end of the day.

I have 3 email accounts, all set to push. However I do watch my other settings, such as location services, and push for certain apps. I think its time we all just enjoy our devices. The iphone is pretty awesome and bad battery life or not, I don?t think I will be holding a blackberry for a long long time!

Reactions: akmolin

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It has made a big difference on my iPad 2. I didn't restore or setup as new I just did the OTA update which was delta. Then I opened the App Switcher killed all the apps, with it plugged in and charging I turned it off and left it for 6 hours. Then I started my test at 100% charged, on iOS 4 I used to charge every 3 days with normal use. Then on iOS 5 I was charging every 2nd day meaning I would get one full day out of it and charge halways through the next day. Now I'm on my 3rd day and it's at 43% and that is with extra use because I've been showing my parents over the weekend over a 1,000 wedding pictures. So the screen which is the biggest pull of battery was on for about 1 1/2 hours straight in addition to my usual usage. Now by my third day I mean started Saturday morning at 100% it's now Monday morning and I'm thinking it will last till tomorrow morning with regular usage. Unfortunately I can't post a screenshot of the iPad battery usage :(

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Here's mine. Definitely a lot worse than my husbands ip4, still running iOS 4.

That's a "lot worse" than your husbands on iOS4? I think it's all going to come down to the type of usage & the type of service you have.

For example, yesterday I was at 14% after 16 hours and standby and 9.5 hours of usage. This usage was mainly phone calls and listening to music that was on my device.

In comparison, last week I was at 5% after 1 day 8 hours standby and 8.75 hours usage. This usage was mainly text messages and email.

I don't think either of these usage cases are "bad" by any means, in fact I think they are both quite good.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Here's mine from last night!

That is more like what I get on my iPhone 4 give or take a couple hours maybe. But then again, I normally am down to around 50% after 8.5-9.5 hours then I charge up to full before leaving work for the day.

I text a pretty decent amount and play some words with friends throughout the day some. I have my gmail fetch every 15 minutes and have location services off and I keep my app tray clean before locking the phone.

Last edited:

nycfly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
not as good as some, but cant complain after seeing other users' data. this is my first iphone so i wasnt sure what to expect with battery life

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR