Post battery screenshots 5.0.1

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
So, just for the fock of it, 2 days ago when I charged my phone I switched off my wifi completely to see how my battery sb/usage would do on a strict 3G connection. Not too bad me thinks !! I think this is the first time my phone has not been connected to wifi at all lol. My usage here is all phone calls, tx/iMessage, email, wp dwlding & some safari/tapatalk use, with a smidgen of YouTube as well :)

photo-18.png

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
So, just for the fock of it, 2 days ago when I charged my phone I switched off my wifi completely to see how my battery sb/usage would do on a strict 3G connection. Not too bad me thinks !! I think this is the first time my phone has not been connected to wifi at all lol. My usage here is all phone calls, tx/iMessage, email, wp dwlding & some safari/tapatalk use, with a smidgen of YouTube as well :)

Click to view quoted image

I can't get that type of usage on 3G on my 4S :(

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I can't get that type of usage on 3G on my 4S :(

My post above is why i'm in no hurry to upgrade to 5.1 right now. I know what kind of battery life sb/usage i can go on wifi, and now i have a general idea with a good signal of what i can accomplish with 3G on 5.0.1

ive heard too many mixed results with battery life on 5.1, so just for the sake of being able to delete individual photos from photo stream, i've decided to pass the upgrade for now, and i've deleted my photo stream anyway. A back up of the phone on iTunes backs up the camera roll as well.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I can honestly say that i should have not updated. I can make it a day before i hit 50% and i am fine, I just got used to being at 75 when i get home. Oh well i always have a charger with me...

friskies64

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
This is my usage if I don't use my 3GS much. I just tweeted and texted during this usage stat. If I play any games, my battery life is horrendous.

Edit: I forgot to add that about 7.5 hours of this time was spent in airplane mode.

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
This is where I ended up last night - I actually let it run down till it shut off to do a cycle charge, something I haven't done since December !! Usage here was email, tx, imsg, camera, phone calls, iheartradio, and tapatalk/safari use.
photo-21.png

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Since getting my new iPad I haven't been using my 4S as much so now I am going 2 and sometimes even 3 days between charges. :)

ad3152d8-6ff3-bbdb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Haven't posted a batt stat in ages....any way, this is why I'm STILL hangin onto 5.0.1 ;):) I can't beat the battery life I get along with standby times. I haven't had much usage the past day because of the holiday weekend tho. I'm sure getting back into the swing of things, tomorrow i'll need to charge it lol.

photo-12.png

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Haven't posted a batt stat in ages....any way, this is why I'm STILL hangin onto 5.0.1 ;):) I can't beat the battery life I get along with standby times. I haven't had much usage the past day because of the holiday weekend tho. I'm sure getting back into the swing of things, tomorrow i'll need to charge it lol.

Click to view quoted image

Being on wifi helps a ton too. When streaming Sirius at home I'll get about a 10% batt usage per hour. On 3G its more than twice that.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
That's friggen ridiculous.
lol!
Being on wifi helps a ton too. When streaming Sirius at home I'll get about a 10% batt usage per hour. On 3G its more than twice that.
WoooW, 10%:eek: !! damn. i stream TuneIn radio for approx 2hrs a day and maybe lose 10% over the 2hrs total

I agree, you do get better battery life through wifi - I've gotten up to 3days 7hours standby, but on 3G the most i've gone was 2 days plus a couple hours.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth is also on for my stereo. I'll recheck tomorrow while I'm outback in the pool

Ok. Well I know blue tooth is a draw on the battery, and I also just saw that your jb'en also. But perhaps you did over estimate a bit on how much % you lose when streaming Sirius also. :)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Not jail broken right now

Oh, ok. I was looking at your profile where it says that below your user name, that's why I mentioned it;) :) I don't have experience with jb'ing, but I've heard (read) it could have an effect on the battery more so than running the 'stock' pure iOS, which is also why I mentioned it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro