Post battery screenshots 5.0.1

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I think that 4s and 5.01 is just à bad combo!

Like Blink said, you have yet to actually explain what your problem is and what settings you have on your phone. It could be as simple as changing a setting to see a decent bump up in battery life. Although I do agree with you that iOS 5 in general is flawed in terms of power management you've done nothing to let us try and help alleviate any problems you have.

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I completely wiped everything off and started as if my phone just came out of the box.

Also, just to add, I roll completely 'old school' as far as backing up my phone. I do everything thru iTunes and do not use any icloud or me.com stuff. I don't feel it's very reliable at all-I had a bad experience with it as well, so I do have my reasons. The only thing I do use outside of iTunes back up is the photo stream, but like I said in a previous post--I'm just about fed up with that too. I have ss's saved to it that can't be individually deleted taking up 'extra' space.

Yes, but you did this with the method I described? Just clicked erase all content and settings and then just synced your apps through iTunes?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but you did this with the method I described? Just clicked erase all content and settings and then just synced your apps through iTunes?

Yes zm, on the phone go to settings/general/reset. then chose erase all content & settings. But as always, do a back up with iTunes so you have that to fall back on just in case;).
1. Back-up to iTunes
2. Settings>General>Reset All Content and Settings
3. Set-up phone as new (choose language, location, login, set up wifi, etc.)

You can then add back your contacts & calendar from icloud and your pix if you use photo stream.
From there I usb'd to itunes and synced back my music & apps.

i think i've covered everything.

Last edited:

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes zm, on the phone go to settings/general/reset. then chose erase all content & settings. But as always, do a back up with iTunes so you have that to fall back on just in case;).
1. Back-up to iTunes
2. Settings>General>Reset All Content and Settings
3. Set-up phone as new (choose language, location, login, set up wifi, etc.)

You can then add back your contacts & calendar from icloud and your pix if you use photo stream.
From there I usb'd to itunes and synced back my music & apps.

i think i've covered everything.
OK, maybe I'll try this method. Downloaded Beta 3 for 5.1 so I'll see if that changes anything... if not, your method is next on the list.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
OK, maybe I'll try this method. Downloaded Beta 3 for 5.1 so I'll see if that changes anything... if not, your method is next on the list.

:) ok good - hopefully b3 will bring some good batt life for you !! Look forward to hearing the updates etc in this build as well.

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
:) ok good - hopefully b3 will bring some good batt life for you !! Look forward to hearing the updates etc in this build as well.

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk
So far all I can see is the 3G Toggle and an updated modem firmware... Will report back if I find anything else.

Reactions: neur0tk

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Here is a new screen shot this is not fake promise
42574076-7a4e-ed89.jpg

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Look at the whole picture. It has been plugged in since the last full charge. Not accurate. I could get a week out of my phone doing that

:)exactly,not to rake on anyone, but the whole idea of posting ss's of battery usage&standby times is to show how far one charge could take you without charging in-between;)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Even with that amount of music play those are still incredible usage and standby times.

:)thank you !! this is usually the norm for me. In all honesty, when the weather is bad, like rain/storms/overcast-cloudy, i do see a bit of a decrease in standby time but nothing drastic.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2