Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I've been rolling like this...

almosttwodays.png

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
zm, have you tried doing the restore as new? I don't remember :eek:

If you did, you didnt have any improvements at all?
I did, and not much of an improvement. Seems like I always get incredible standby, but subpar usage. Would totally trade some of that standby for some more usage lol

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I did, and not much of an improvement. Seems like I always get incredible standby, but subpar usage. Would totally trade some of that standby for some more usage lol

ok, but at least you did have some sort of an improvement then. After i posted that ss, on the same charge i wound up at 1day/12hrs standby and 7hrs usage wtih 27% left when i hooked up to charge at 10pm last night.

IDK if it makes ANY difference at all, but when i did a restore to new on my iphone in Nov., i did it twice in a row(don't ask, lol) & i actually did it right from my phone--i didnt hook up to itunes at all. After i was done, i only hooked up to itunes to sync my apps & music. The cloud put back my contacts, calendar & photostream for the few wps i had at the time. Like i said, idk if that makes a diff on how well my battery performs now :confused: The only reason i'm mentioning it, is because some people are doing a restore thru itunes and not seeing an improvement, if very little. Then again, if they're using the back up they have, thats prob not helping either. You need to start completely fresh, as if its out of the box (which i'm sure you know this already:) )

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
What the frick? Even after restoring mines no where near that.

I don't do alot of stuff with my phone-- i have 3 emails on fetch every hour and i get maybe 20 emails a day--i don't use push at all. I play my music, text, use the internet lightly and approx 5-10 calls a day averaging 20-40mins each. I don't game on my phone, i dont sync to icloud, but I have location ON, i use Siri & currently i use photo stream-which i'm prob gonna ditch soon. i have one weather app that pulls for updates every hour. I'm also ALWAYS hooked into wifi when i'm home, which is 95% of the time. If i do go out, its usually to run errands, or shop a little, but i'm usually not hooked up to a 3G connection very long/often.

Maybe that helps you understand why i get great battery life ??

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
ok, but at least you did have some sort of an improvement then. After i posted that ss, on the same charge i wound up at 1day/12hrs standby and 7hrs usage wtih 27% left when i hooked up to charge at 10pm last night.

IDK if it makes ANY difference at all, but when i did a restore to new on my iphone in Nov., i did it twice in a row(don't ask, lol) & i actually did it right from my phone--i didnt hook up to itunes at all. After i was done, i only hooked up to itunes to sync my apps & music. The cloud put back my contacts, calendar & photostream for the few wps i had at the time. Like i said, idk if that makes a diff on how well my battery performs now :confused: The only reason i'm mentioning it, is because some people are doing a restore thru itunes and not seeing an improvement, if very little. Then again, if they're using the back up they have, thats prob not helping either. You need to start completely fresh, as if its out of the box (which i'm sure you know this already:) )

Haha yes I know you need to start fresh... What I actually did was hook up to iTunes and alt-click restore and restored to an ipsw file I had on my computer. I assume you just went to the settings on your phone and went to Erase All Content and Settings to restore the way you did. If so, maybe I'll try that out.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Haha yes I know you need to start fresh... What I actually did was hook up to iTunes and alt-click restore and restored to an ipsw file I had on my computer. I assume you just went to the settings on your phone and went to Erase All Content and Settings to restore the way you did. If so, maybe I'll try that out.

Yes, I completely wiped everything off and started as if my phone just came out of the box.

Also, just to add, I roll completely 'old school' as far as backing up my phone. I do everything thru iTunes and do not use any icloud or me.com stuff. I don't feel it's very reliable at all-I had a bad experience with it as well, so I do have my reasons. The only thing I do use outside of iTunes back up is the photo stream, but like I said in a previous post--I'm just about fed up with that too. I have ss's saved to it that can't be individually deleted taking up 'extra' space.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal