Post battery screenshots 5.0.1

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
...do a restore as new first, and DON'T load your backup. Once done, use it for a day, without your current backup, and see how it goes.

If it goes well, just configure your apps etc, and DON'T load your backup.

How the Frick am I getting such crap life compared to others

If your willing to put in a little time, you can try what Navi suggested here to another member. I also had crappy batt life when i first loaded 5.0.1, i did a restore as new without using a previous back up and my battery life is great now :)

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
If your willing to put in a little time, you can try what Navi suggested here to another member. I also had crappy batt life when i first loaded 5.0.1, i did a restore as new without using a previous back up and my battery life is great now :)

I ended up restoring my backup right away. Will try this method once I get home

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I ended up restoring my backup right away. Will try this method once I get home

Ok great. Let's us know how it went. Also just to let you know, when I did my restore as new the only thing I used my icloud for was my contacts, calendar and photo stream. Because I have 400+ contacts I really did not want to put this in manually.

There are also a few settings you can tweak as well. I'll grab the post that AccidentalPost made on restoring a phone as new. It has some helpful tips in there.

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
How the Frick am I getting such crap life compared to others
Better question... How do you think that's terrible battery life? You're on pace for about a day standby and 10 hrs usage... you're really that upset with that? Take it from a person who gets around that standby and about half that for a full cycle, it's not bad.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I don't care what the device is (Android, Apple or BlackBerry), once I can get battery service from 06:00 in the morning when I leave the house, till I get back, around 18:30...

If I can do that, and not having to charge during the day, and still use my device moderately, I'd be happy.

Based on the stats I've been posting, I'm what? HAPPY :)

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't care what the device is (Android, Apple or BlackBerry), once I can get battery service from 06:00 in the morning when I leave the house, till I get back, around 18:30...

If I can do that, and not having to charge during the day, and still use my device moderately, I'd be happy.

Based on the stats I've been posting, I'm what? HAPPY :)

I'd be happy too if I had your stats lol

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Better question... How do you think that's terrible battery life? You're on pace for about a day standby and 10 hrs usage... you're really that upset with that? Take it from a person who gets around that standby and about half that for a full cycle, it's not bad.
Say what?? That's almost hard to believe good battery life..

When I took that pic I was actually surprised. Usually its around half that, not quite sure what exactly I was using my phone for usage wise since I was just sent about 4 texts and checked a couple emails last night. Must have had something running in the background but usually my battery is hovering around 25-40% after work (10 hour shift) and I don't use my phone at all then since I am around water all the time.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
When I took that pic I was actually surprised. Usually its around half that, not quite sure what exactly I was using my phone for usage wise since I was just sent about 4 texts and checked a couple emails last night. Must have had something running in the background but usually my battery is hovering around 25-40% after work (10 hour shift) and I don't use my phone at all then since I am around water all the time.

Music? I know once I got over 11 hours usage out of a charge because I was listening to music while the phone basically slept, I guess playing music doesn't use much juice..

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Music? I know once I got over 11 hours usage out of a charge because I was listening to music while the phone basically slept, I guess playing music doesn't use much juice..

Could have been what was playing on mute, maybe thats why. I have noticed music uses next to nothing juice wise compared to other stuff. Oh well I restored my iphone and lets see if I stay around the same.

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Took the plunge and used Pink's guide from Crackberry to restore my phone as new... haven't drained the battery fully yet, but I figured at this point my game data and texts aren't as important as having a good battery. Will see... If it's not a big enough increase to justify I can always restore my backup from today.

EDIT: For those who went this route, did you see an immediate improvement before fully discharging or did you see results only after you went through a full cycle. I just restored and it seems my battery is draining faster than it did before I restored. Was just wondering if this is normal and it'll straighten itself out after calibrating or if I should just go back to my backup...

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Took the plunge and used Pink's guide from Crackberry to restore my phone as new... haven't drained the battery fully yet, but I figured at this point my game data and texts aren't as important as having a good battery. Will see... If it's not a big enough increase to justify I can always restore my backup from today.

EDIT: For those who went this route, did you see an immediate improvement before fully discharging or did you see results only after you went through a full cycle. I just restored and it seems my battery is draining faster than it did before I restored. Was just wondering if this is normal and it'll straighten itself out after calibrating or if I should just go back to my backup...

zm, glad to hear you took the plunge to restore as new, but just so we don't get names crossed, lol, the thread that I directed you to was actually written/created by AccidentalPost:)

As for right after the restore process and my battery life- it's been almost 2mths for me and I don't really remember how it went after I did the restore. I can tell you that I did let the battery drain completely after doing the restore, and I think with just that one discharge cycle is when I saw the improvement. I don't recall if I saw the improvement right off the bat.

Troy the Creator

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
i use music on my way to work which is about 30 mins away and i get a 15% or more drain

i just woke up about 20 minutes ago and took my phone off the charger and im at 90% already. something is draining it but idk what and i have tried eeeeeeeevvvvvvvvverrrrryyyythinggggg:confused::confused:

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
i use music on my way to work which is about 30 mins away and i get a 15% or more drain

i just woke up about 20 minutes ago and took my phone off the charger and im at 90% already. something is draining it but idk what and i have tried eeeeeeeevvvvvvvvverrrrryyyythinggggg:confused::confused:

I just tried doing a full restore as new and a discharge of my battery... We'll see how it goes today. If it doesn't work to my satisfaction I'm going to make an appointment and try to swap my phone out. If you're that unsatisfied you can always try and swap out. Just know that sometimes different problems can come with the replacement, but in this case I'd think you'd rather take any other problem than your battery drain.

Troy the Creator

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Yupp and that's what i did. I restored as new and it was still there. Got a replacement iphone and started off fresh and its still there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73