Post battery screenshots 5.0.1

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
This is a normal day for me. Watch a few YouTube videos 5-15min long. Check Facebook, text messages, a lot of browsing the web, tapatalk, and check email. All on wifi

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Looks like you use your phone a lot or your standby is crap... Right now at 78% I have 1 hr 5 mins usage and 12 hrs standby (I took my phone off the charger at 3 this morning). Way better than what I was getting before, but still not as good as I would like

Roll-N-Coal

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Looks like you use your phone a lot or your standby is crap... Right now at 78% I have 1 hr 5 mins usage and 12 hrs standby (I took my phone off the charger at 3 this morning). Way better than what I was getting before, but still not as good as I would like

Im on it a lot. I took it off charge at 3:30 am and took that screen shot at 2:22pm. I'm on it all day at work heavy usage eBay, amazon, and searching random sites. My screen is always on lol. I had the droid x and I feel the battery life is the same on the iPhone 4s for me. Would like to see apple improve battery life. But right now I haven't lost or gained battery life by switching from the droid x to iPhone 4s. I'm happy so far

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have wifi on at home all day. One email account that fetches every hour. Locations on for weather, heavy texting (now that the kids are home for the holidays that'll be cut way down lol) Facebook Twitter and Siri. Few phone calls each day. Now I'm at 3 hrs 27min usage 10 hrs 3 min standby and 49%. I will drain it down to nothing tonight since I don't have to worry about the kids needing to reach me - and I did restore as new and used iCloud for contacts and email backup. Then added the apps back in iTunes via USB.
Thanks for the tips. I'll see if it helps. :)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately this is something I never got on my HTC Rezound. I only got 3 hours of use and sometimes less than 10 - 12 hours of standby time. Androids are great feature wise but they can't compete with the iPhone in terms of battery life.

6c2478a7-4773-c693.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Pjr772

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see what kind of battery life people, like myself, who are away from wi-fi most of the time are getting. I can get a whole weekend out of a charge because I am home an on wi-fi. During the week I am away from wi-fi from 4am till around 6pm and usually have about 50% left at that point.

Curious what others are getting on just 3G

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see what kind of battery life people, like myself, who are away from wi-fi most of the time are getting. I can get a whole weekend out of a charge because I am home an on wi-fi. During the week I am away from wi-fi from 4am till around 6pm and usually have about 50% left at that point.

Curious what others are getting on just 3G

This was what I got yesterday. All but an hour of this was 3G usage due to WiFi being down at work and me forgetting to turn it on when I got home.

6c2478a7-5796-3a0e.jpg

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If I leave wifi on but am not near a known wifi connection, will that have an adverse affect on my battery consumption? I ask because it would be more convenient to just leave it on when I leave home and have it auto connect when I return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
If I leave wifi on but am not near a known wifi connection, will that have an adverse affect on my battery consumption? I ask because it would be more convenient to just leave it on when I leave home and have it auto connect when I return.

Hi mistah mumford. I honestly don't know if leaving your wifi like that affects battery life at all. I can suggest to you the settings I have mine on that I think most people use. Leave your wifi "on" but where it says "ask to join networks" turn that to OFF.

I leave my wifi on 24/7 and when I'm home it will just automatically hook up to it, but when I leave my house and go out of range it puts me right to 3G. Now, even if your at a relatives house and you want to tap into their wifi, you still can by accessing your wifi menu, finding their user name on the list, entering in the password and go:)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Like, Pink, I leave my WiFi on 24/7 as well. It disconnects periodically throughout the day when my iPhone is out of reach of a WiFi connection, but it doesn't matter as I am still seeing great battery life. This is my usage from today. I got 8 1/2 hours of usage out of a charge. Most of that was on WiFi.

6c2478a7-3042-4aeb.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR