Post battery screenshots 5.0.1

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
However Pink you've definitely have me beat! I did come over from an Htc Evo. So anything is better than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:) idk about that, from what I see you still have 25% left. That could take you a looooong way;):)

As for androids, I've never owned one, but just from seeing reviews and posts on forums-I do see a lot of people not happy with battery life.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Thx blink-Yes i have the vibe set for when my ringer/alerts go off. I also have my location set to on and email fetching every hour. I'm on wifi every time I'm home also, which is a good bit of the day unless I have to run out for a bit.

:) why do you ask blink?

just wanted to see IF using vibrate had any affect on battery usage. to me the jury is still out on it since it appears Apple has done a great job with it

although, you obviously are using the 4S and that is why i assume yours is better than mine.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
just wanted to see IF using vibrate had any affect on battery usage. to me the jury is still out on it since it appears Apple has done a great job with it

although, you obviously are using the 4S and that is why i assume yours is better than mine.

Hmmmm.....idk. I believe the software varies with each device on how it reacts. That being said, I thought the i4 got better batt life than the 4S but who knows. Lol.

My husband has the 4 on iOS5, and he gets better battery life than I do. So go figure lol.

I can say I'm very happy with the battery life I do get:)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
How often do you guys close your running apps?

Ok, just an idea of my day during the week. If I had to charge the night before, in the morn my ph is off charger anywhere between 6-7am. From there I use my ph go about my day. Around 12ish, I'll go in and close out my apps. Then, right before turning in for the night-usually anywhere from 9-10pm, I go in and close everything again.

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't think closing running normal apps will improve battery life that much. GPS apps, music streaming apps, etc obviously use battery but your average apps are just sitting there idle.

Plus, you are supposed to enjoy your phone and live your life, not obsess over closing out apps all of the time.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Oh ok cool. Was just asking. I don't worry too much about it. Ive since turned off my battery percentage and gone about using my 4 like I've never been able to use a Droid before. Very nice.

minister

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Over the past few nights, I've been rather upset over my 4s. What i usually do is charge my phone up while we're watching tv at night, and then when I go to bed, I take my iPhone with me and watch a video on hulu+ or netflix while falling asleep. Typically, when I"m done watching said shows, the battery will be at 93-95% after one sitcom of 23 minutes or so.

Since Monday of this week, when I wake up in the morning, my battery has shot down to 65-70%. Thats after sitting idle all night, from 95% down to 65%.

Last night, I even made sure that when I set my phone down, I closed all applications. The only thing I didn't do was unplug my headphones.

About a week ago, I had finally downloaded the first Infinity Blade game, and noticed it was sucking me dry as well, but that's to be expected. I finally, last night before bed, deleted the game from my phone, thinking it may have a snag in it. That's the only thing I've downloaded recently.

But to no avail, this morning, after closing all apps, and deleting the Infinity Blade app, I woke up with a dismal 70% left. I had a 3gs for 2 years, and even the last day I used it I would wake up with 95%.

My wife also has said hers has been getting abysmal battery life.

Any ideas? I've got most of the things turned off that we're supposed to turn off to make for better battery life, but it still is just awful!. I woke up at 7:30, its now 11:30, and I haven't used my phone at all except to check email, and its at 49%, down from 65% in a short 4 hour span, and that's from not using it at all!!!!

minister

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Okay, my problem appeared to be that my wireless router at home was cutting in and out. I have since refreshed that and the battery problem has disappeared completely for me.

Thanks everyone!

saichick04

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
:) idk about that, from what I see you still have 25% left. That could take you a looooong way;):)

As for androids, I've never owned one, but just from seeing reviews and posts on forums-I do see a lot of people not happy with battery life.

Androids are fun, easily customized but a new one comes out every 1-3 months. I always felt like I missed out on the next big thing. There are some ppl who never upgrade bc they think something bigger will come along. The reviews on the battery life are correct. It's pretty bad. This is the best battery I've had. I still love me some Google though :) I'm looking into purchasing an Asus Transformer tablet.

Troy the Creator

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Homestly i can't take it anymore. My battery drain has gotten worse! I'm on 10 hours of standby(i was sleeping) and i woke up and unplugged it from the charger and went to school. I'm on 2 hours of usage and I'm already at 65%! I'm gonna go make an apointment at the apple store and see if i can get a replacement because this is redic

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
This is so bad it's funny. I guess I'm supposed to be happy with getting a low battery warning before lunch?

I was getting like 9 hours usage on ios 5.0.

PS. Many of the people on this topic are posting battery life that sucks and claiming it is good, just because they are used to Android phones that go dead in a few hours. Something is definitely wrong with ios 5.0.1...

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
A new build number (9A406) for 5.0.1 was just released today specifically for the 4S. I wonder if that will address the battery woes. I am still at 5.0.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk