Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
b3b13895.jpg

That's mine on a day old iPhone 4s.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
To me no matter the mobile or carrier, I should get at least 15 hours of battery life with good use. This would give one time to go to leave the house in the morning, spend all day at the office and get back home. Thus no need to charge till bed time...

Luckily, I now get this. Now let's try to not stray into the whole carrier and device debate. We, or should I say I, want this thread to be loaded with images of battery usage on iOS 5.0.1. I guess we'll do this again too on the release of the next iOS :)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
To me no matter the mobile or carrier, I should get at least 15 hours of battery life with good use. This would give one time to go to leave the house in the morning, spend all day at the office and get back home. Thus no need to charge till bed time...

Luckily, I now get this. Now let's try to not stray into the whole carrier and device debate. We, or should I say I, want this thread to be loaded with images of battery usage on iOS 5.0.1. I guess we'll do this again too on the release of the next iOS :)

This is exactly what I want. Or at least get me from home, to work and through the work day then I can charge in my truck. I get this plus some. Like yesterday, when I got into my truck to go home at 4:30pm, I had 51% of my battery left over. I took the phone off the charger at around 6-6:15am.

Also, I looked deeper into some of these screenshots on yesterday evening. Folks with 1+ day of standby with 4-6 hours of usage. Shoot, I get that much usage time during the course of a work day with stuff pushing and fetching in the background, text, words with friends. LOL So, I expect my time off charger to be less than others.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK 5.0.1 is messed up, I'm just about to send a report to Apple. I did my test on the iPad 2 finished yesterday put it to charge last night. So I have gone 3 days with normal and even hard use because I did alot of extra things I wouldn't normally. So I was over the moon, this morning I take it off the charger at 100% and in the 1 hour train ride to work it went down 10% with just Twitter, iMessage and web browsing which is my normal morning activities. So it's good then it goes crazy mad :confused:

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I wonder if while on the train ride it was struggling to get 'connectivity', and hence the more use of the battery...

OK 5.0.1 is messed up, I'm just about to send a report to Apple. I did my test on the iPad 2 finished yesterday put it to charge last night. So I have gone 3 days with normal and even hard use because I did alot of extra things I wouldn't normally. So I was over the moon, this morning I take it off the charger at 100% and in the 1 hour train ride to work it went down 10% with just Twitter, iMessage and web browsing which is my normal morning activities. So it's good then it goes crazy mad :confused:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if while on the train ride it was struggling to get 'connectivity', and hence the more use of the battery...

Yeah but the thing is when I was on iOS 5 which was a crazy battery hog the same 1 hour train ride never resulted in a 10% drop :confused: Plus Monday(yesterday) was the 3rd day before charging and I used it for an hour on the way to work and an hour home and both times it hardly gave up 1% doing the same things as today.

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
cfe958fa-e947-13aa.jpg

Here is my latest one. Heavy texting, web surfing mostly on wifi. BT off, screen at 30% brightness, a few phone calls.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Here's 3 pictures:
All on my iPhone 4:

iOS 5.0

iOS 5.0.1

iOS 4.whatever - iOS 4.x seems to have had better battery overall, but this was pre-iCloud which likely accounts for the extra battery burn of 5.x.

Rumor has it that the stock & weather widgets make quite the impact on battery performance, later this week I'm going to test that and compare it to my previous 2 weeks of tests on 5.0 and 5.0.1.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
3077e1fd.jpg

that actually should read 1%...it died before I could get the screenshot, so I had to charge it up a bit.

on 3G all day at home with a minimum of 3 bars...usually full coverage.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah but the thing is when I was on iOS 5 which was a crazy battery hog the same 1 hour train ride never resulted in a 10% drop :confused: Plus Monday(yesterday) was the 3rd day before charging and I used it for an hour on the way to work and an hour home and both times it hardly gave up 1% doing the same things as today.

it is definately jacked up, sitting at home on Wifi for close to an hour and it has dropped 7% just using Twitter.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Would you say that a 4-5% drop typing about this much, on wifi, would be a bit too much drain? I know for a fact that my ip4 on iOS 4x didn't show any drop with same usage.

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Would you say that a 4-5% drop typing about this much, on wifi, would be a bit too much drain? I know for a fact that my ip4 on iOS 4x didn't show any drop with same usage.

It probably depends on how long you took to type it. It seems excessive to me.

Anyway, here's mine. About to plug it in before I go to sleep; I could probably add eight hours to the standby time if I left it unplugged overnight.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox