no, doesn't bother me at all -- i actually prefer my screen to be locked in portrait mode

and i see laelipoo has answered your question of how to lock/unlock it if need be Thanks laelipoo !!
    No prob 8) what else shall I do at work but chill here and be helpful?

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    02-09-2012 10:45 AM
    No prob 8) what else shall I do at work but chill here and be helpful?

sounds like a plan !! It's what I do all day while doing chores around the house
    02-09-2012 11:23 AM
    soooooo close to the 3 day stand by mark, but I had to make a call and I knew the last 1% wouldn't last for the 20-30mins, lol.

Click to view quoted image
    Wow that's some serious standby time!
    I once got almost 2 days out of it with about 7 hours usage time, but I'm somewhat hesitant to go below 14 %, That's usually when I notice my iPhone screams for juice.

I was wondering: am I too chicken about probable battery damage? Is it ok to go down to 1% without battery damage?
    02-10-2012 03:44 PM

I think my standby time has really improved
    02-12-2012 03:15 PM
    This is my longest usage time yet. I think this is awesome considering my 4S is jailbroken.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    02-13-2012 08:20 AM
    I was wondering: am I too chicken about probable battery damage? Is it ok to go down to 1% without battery damage?
    Going down to 1% will not hurt the battery. This is what Apple has to say about it; "For proper maintenance of a lithium-based battery, it’s important to keep the electrons in it moving occasionally. Be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down)."
    http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

ThePinkChameleon and Knurpsi like this.
    02-13-2012 08:28 AM
    Wow that's some serious standby time!
    I once got almost 2 days out of it with about 7 hours usage time, but I'm somewhat hesitant to go below 14 %, That's usually when I notice my iPhone screams for juice.

You will not hurt or damage your battery letting it run down that low--i actually don't like to let it go below 20%, but sometimes i will run it down to 1%--not often tho.
    Going down to 1% will not hurt the battery. This is what Apple has to say about it; "For proper maintenance of a lithium-based battery, its important to keep the electrons in it moving occasionally. Be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down)."
    Apple - Batteries - iPhone

Thanks for addressing this Rose

I'm prob one of the few that do not do this anymore. I've heard such mixed things about this-that it helps or it doesnt help - so i've opted not to drain conmpletely anymore once a month. I havent done it since Dec. and since then i have noticed my battery life has improved greatly--i'm able to get more standby & usage time It all depends on what each person decides to do
    Knurpsi likes this.
    02-13-2012 08:56 AM
    Thank you Irish Rose and Pink for your answers. It's true, there's a lot of different opinions on this subject and that's exactly what makes me so insecure. Ah well, I guess I will keep it like I did before: When my iPhone indicates around 20-14%, that it would like to get some juice, I will give it some

ok, here comes my screenshot. Not my longest standby time so far, but I played quite a bit of games Sunday afternoon. :o

02-13-2012 10:22 AM
    My longest standby and usage so far, and my phone is also jailbroken.

02-13-2012 01:05 PM
    i've succeeded and broke the 3 day stand by mark !

02-14-2012 08:20 AM
    ...and you still had 15%, unlike the last time, it was closer to 1%. Nicely done.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    02-14-2012 08:59 AM
    ...and you still had 15%, unlike the last time, it was closer to 1%. Nicely done.
    tyvm navI !!
    02-14-2012 04:56 PM
    Okay Pink, what's your secret?! I can't even post mine because it constantly keeps resetting to blanks. I think it might be time for a visit to the Apple store.
    02-14-2012 09:34 PM
    Okay Pink, what's your secret?! I can't even post mine because it constantly keeps resetting to blanks. I think it might be time for a visit to the Apple store.
    Are you jailbroken? Because they reset when you respring a jailbroken iPhone.

02-14-2012 09:45 PM

I go through 5 hours of usage in like 7-10 hours, you must not use your phone much!?
    02-14-2012 11:35 PM
    Are you jailbroken? Because they reset when you respring a jailbroken iPhone.

No, but I do have to reboot a LOT for various issues. That explains it, but makes me feel like a visit is in order anyway.
    02-15-2012 07:18 AM
    No, but I do have to reboot a LOT for various issues. That explains it, but makes me feel like a visit is in order anyway.
    no secret actually, I just move along at my pace. As for your usage resetting, like laelipoo said, when you do a reset the batt use & stand by will show dashes till you charge up to 100%. Then It'll start to register again. Sorry to hear your having issues, I hope you get them resolved soon !!
    I go through 5 hours of usage in like 7-10 hours, you must not use your phone much!?
    Yes and no. It really depends on what my day is like. Some days I use my phone for 5 hrs and only get 2 days stand by, while some days I'm only using it for maybe an hour or 2 and then I can stretch my battery to 3 days
    02-15-2012 07:43 AM

OMG! . Seriously, that is awesome, Pink.

02-15-2012 04:35 PM
    OMG! Click to view quoted image
    . Seriously, that is awesome, Pink. Click to view quoted image

LOL, i love your little 'jaw dropping' smiley, and thanks
    02-15-2012 04:38 PM

LOL when I saw you posted here I knew you must have hit the 3 day mark! Good stuff!
    02-16-2012 08:13 PM
    LOL when I saw you posted here I knew you must have hit the 3 day mark! Good stuff!
    thank you -- I was determined to achieve this mark, lol.
    02-16-2012 09:32 PM
    Uh oh.. Woke up at 5:30am to find my phone at 93% after charging all night. Yesterday it was 100% at 5am but when I unplugged it at 7:30am it was at 96%. With no usage this morning or yesterday morning. the only new app I downloaded is the tweetcaster app. No other changes were made. Do you think that's it? I remember seeing complaints about this happening... Better go do a search ?
    02-17-2012 06:01 AM

May I present to you the award for the longest standby time as a 4S owner..... See it's Pink!

02-17-2012 07:24 AM
    May I present to you the award for the longest standby time as a 4S owner..... See it's Pink!

:o awwww Rose !! that was sooo sweet of you to do, thanks a mil !!
    I'm honored to accept the award in pink even !!
    02-17-2012 08:29 AM
    Should I upgrade to 5.1? still on the iOS that came with the phone
    02-18-2012 01:30 AM
481 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD