My battery seems to last decently long, going for a full day even the other day when I spent way too much time playing iOS games including a few hours of Infinity Blade. I didn't take a screenshot then, but I did take one this morning after leaving it unplugged overnight.

It dropped to 99% a few minutes later as I was taking a turn in Hanging with Friends.
    01-22-2012 10:59 AM
    The reason I love my iPhone...

Click to view quoted image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WOW! Mind if I ask what you used the phone for so far in that screenshot? And were you on Wifi the whole time?
    01-22-2012 05:21 PM
    How on earth are you all getting usage stats like this? Like what do you all have your settings as and such? I have followed all the recommended tips for shutting things not necessary off, I have siri disabled, I'm on wi-fi the majority of the day, and I have even restored my phone as new and I still only get about 14 to 15 hours of standby and about 5 hours of usage before needing to charge again. Share your secrets with us!!
    01-23-2012 01:07 PM
    All I did was let the battery drain and completely recharge a few times after I got the phone.

Pretty much everything that wants to use location and notifications is enabled to do so. Siri is enabled, but I never use it. Bluetooth and WiFi are enabled, though I only have the networks at my apartment, my sister's house, and my mom's house programmed in, so at school and work I'm on 3G with an excellent signal at school and a weak to moderate signal at work. I tend to keep both the ringer and media volume set at 50%.

I play casual games on and off throughout the day (a few rounds of Ninjump and Jetpack Joyride, and taking my turns in Hanging/Words with Friends). Sometimes I'll fire up Infinity Blade for a while, but it drains the battery more quickly, of course. I play Pandora and answer calls through Bluetooth in my car when I'm driving. Throughout the day I'm firing off messages in Messages and/or Facebook Messenger to my girlfriend, family, and sometimes other friends. I don't talk on the phone much. I also sometimes check my bank and credit card accounts through the respective institutions' mobile apps. The camera gets occasional use as well, as does Safari.

Though I haven't kept good logs and run the numbers or anything, my normal pattern seems to result in a charge lasting about 20-24 hours with 6-7 hours of usage in that time. Just going by the times I've seen, on standby the phone would probably last a few days on a charge, which isn't bad for a modern smartphone. I don't know how this compares to previous iPhones. It's comparable to my original Droid, and a good deal better than the Rezound I briefly tried before making the switch.

Really, depending on what those 5 hours of usage entail, a 15-hour charge may not be too bad. Apparently previous iPhones had amazing battery life, but there's a lot of hardware packed into the 4S. While some of users' issues may be the result of software glitches or whatever, at least part of the problem is likely just an indication that battery technology isn't completely keeping up with mobile hardware technology.

Good luck to you, though, in finding a way to make your battery life live up to your expectations.
    01-23-2012 04:53 PM
    i really hate letting my battery go below 20%, let alone 10%--so i'm waiving the white flag and throwing it on the charger !! i'm extremely happy with this run i just had the past 2-1/2 days (i honestly think this is the best my phone has done yet)

Last edited by Pink; 01-24-2012 at 08:38 AM.
    01-24-2012 08:36 AM
    WOW! Mind if I ask what you used the phone for so far in that screenshot? And were you on Wifi the whole time?
    Tapatalk, Twitter, Words With Friends, text/iMessage and maybe a quick. Some of that standby time was while slept the night before. Wifi the majority of the time except while we were out to the movies.I generally subscribe to 50% depth of discharge so it went on the charger shortly after that screen was taken.

Don't know if it matters all that much but I have a iPhone 4 running 5.0.1. I think some others are running a 4S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mistah_mumford; 01-24-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    01-24-2012 11:39 AM
    Are these usage screen exclusive to iPhones?
    01-24-2012 07:22 PM
    I went back to a 3GS because I lost my 4S and lets just say the battery on this phone probably last me around 4 or less hours of usage. so sad
    01-24-2012 08:35 PM
    Are these usage screen exclusive to iPhones?
    I think so. My iPad doesn't show the time since charge or anything.
    01-24-2012 09:22 PM
    I just got a 4s the other day. Im on this from the phone so don't think I can post a pic. My battery seems to drain fast. What do you all think?

81%
    Usage: 1 hour 13 min
    Standby: 2 hours 43 min
    01-25-2012 09:42 AM
    Tapatalk app isn't sending my image..

Since last full charge:
    9hour 36 minutes usage
    1 day standby

I think that's good
    01-26-2012 06:35 PM

Since last full charge:
    9hour 36 minutes usage
    1 day standby

I think that's good
    Oh yea, nice ketz with a 9h 36m usage !! Good stuff
    01-26-2012 06:42 PM

Since last full charge:
    9hour 36 minutes usage
    1 day standby

I think that's good
    pic or it didn't happen
    01-26-2012 08:31 PM
    pic or it didn't happen
    I too would like to see a screenshot and know what that usage was
    01-26-2012 10:40 PM

Better than my 4S, I feel like this 3GS has better standby time.
    01-27-2012 01:21 PM
    These two screenshots are what I've been getting since I got my 4S three weeks ago:

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    01-27-2012 02:03 PM
    I really can't seem to get a long standby and am not sure what's always running when I'm not using my phone but it's alright.
    01-29-2012 02:28 AM
    I really can't seem to get a long standby and am not sure what's always running when I'm not using my phone but it's alright.
    You can't seem to get a long standby because you use your phone for 10 hrs...
    01-29-2012 08:49 PM
    I have a 4s and it's not lasting near as long as my wife's 4. Is my battery bad?

The one with 1% is just now. The other is from yesterday morning. Was down to 96% really fast.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    Last edited by johnc847; 01-30-2012 at 08:31 AM.
    01-29-2012 09:54 PM
    You can't seem to get a long standby because you use your phone for 10 hrs...
    I obviously have something running and not realizing it because I'm 99% sure I wasn't using it for 10 hours lol. Anyways that was one of my best usages to date.
    01-30-2012 04:45 AM
    this seems to be my norm lately

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk
    01-31-2012 07:25 AM
    So I have been typically only getting 3-4 hours of usage. But I am in a spotty area and my 3G pops in and out. Anyone else in a sketchy cell area that can confirm this is about normal for my situation?
    01-31-2012 06:32 PM
    So I have been typically only getting 3-4 hours of usage. But I am in a spotty area and my 3G pops in and out. Anyone else in a sketchy cell area that can confirm this is about normal for my situation?
    It is normal for the battery to drain more quickly when the device is constantly searching for a signal, or when it is going back and forth between a Edge/1X and a 3G signal. If you were in an area with a better signal you would probably get another 2 hours or more usage.

01-31-2012 07:27 PM
    I think this is pretty good for a jailbroken 4S. The battery on my old iPhone 4 never lasted this long after a jailbreak.

01-31-2012 07:31 PM
    this seems to be my norm lately

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk
    Not too shabby at all, Pink.

ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    01-31-2012 07:33 PM
481 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD