OK, maybe I'll try this method. Downloaded Beta 3 for 5.1 so I'll see if that changes anything... if not, your method is next on the list.
    ok good - hopefully b3 will bring some good batt life for you !! Look forward to hearing the updates etc in this build as well.

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk
    01-09-2012 02:50 PM
    ok good - hopefully b3 will bring some good batt life for you !! Look forward to hearing the updates etc in this build as well.

So far all I can see is the 3G Toggle and an updated modem firmware... Will report back if I find anything else.
    neur0tk likes this.
    01-09-2012 03:44 PM
    So far all I can see is the 3G Toggle and an updated modem firmware... Will report back if I find anything else.
    Ok thx zm, I'll keep my eye on the new beta3 thread for that info
    neur0tk likes this.
    01-09-2012 04:10 PM
    Here is a new screen shot this is not fake promise
    01-10-2012 12:50 PM
    if this is legit then that is craaaaazy!!

Here is a new screen shot this is not fake promise
    01-10-2012 01:11 PM
    if this is legit then that is craaaaazy!!
    Look at the whole picture. It has been plugged in since the last full charge. Not accurate. I could get a week out of my phone doing that
    01-10-2012 01:55 PM
    Look at the whole picture. It has been plugged in since the last full charge. Not accurate. I could get a week out of my phone doing that
    exactly,not to rake on anyone, but the whole idea of posting ss's of battery usage&standby times is to show how far one charge could take you without charging in-between
    01-10-2012 03:13 PM
    gettin ready to charge up

01-13-2012 11:17 AM

damn you <3
    01-13-2012 11:22 AM

Click to view quoted image

Jesus Pink! Where are you hiding these magic iPhones?!
    01-13-2012 09:54 PM
    Jesus Pink! Where are you hiding these magic iPhones?!
    so, i guess your gonna wonder where i pulled this one from:o lol.
    Chriss Angel worked some magic LOL

i usually dont let my battery run below 20% either

01-15-2012 08:09 AM
    so, i guess your gonna wonder where i pulled this one from:o lol.
    Chriss Angel worked some magic LOL

Click to view quoted image

i usually dont let my battery run below 20% either

That is crazy. I usually get about half of that. How much of that usage time would you say is spent listening to music?
    01-15-2012 08:14 AM
    That is crazy. I usually get about half of that. How much of that usage time would you say is spent listening to music?
    if i had to guestimate, i'd say about 2-3hrs(???) of that is music.maybe little more.
    01-15-2012 09:17 AM
    if i had to guestimate, i'd say about 2-3hrs(???) of that is music.maybe little more.
    Even with that amount of music play those are still incredible usage and standby times.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    01-15-2012 09:31 AM
    Even with that amount of music play those are still incredible usage and standby times.
    thank you !! this is usually the norm for me. In all honesty, when the weather is bad, like rain/storms/overcast-cloudy, i do see a bit of a decrease in standby time but nothing drastic.
    01-15-2012 09:45 AM
    That at least brings it back down somewhere near the norm... listening to music does little to nothing on the battery. My standby is fantastic... right now after unplugging at 2am last night I'm at 86% with 49 minutes usage and 13.5 hrs standby. This little usage isn't normal for me... I'm usually somewhere near double that by this time in the day, but like I said standby is awesome. Once I start using the phone it tanks though. Went to the Apple Store on Friday and was told and I quote "Your battery life isn't bad enough to get a replacement". I would think since I bought this phone and Applecare+ they would give me at least the benefit of the doubt... the person right next to me at the Genius Bar got his phone released for, get this, the ring/silent switch being a little wobbly.
    01-15-2012 03:39 PM
    That at least brings it back down somewhere near the norm... listening to music does little to nothing on the battery. My standby is fantastic... right now after unplugging at 2am last night I'm at 86% with 49 minutes usage and 13.5 hrs standby. This little usage isn't normal for me... I'm usually somewhere near double that by this time in the day, but like I said standby is awesome. Once I start using the phone it tanks though. Went to the Apple Store on Friday and was told and I quote "Your battery life isn't bad enough to get a replacement". I would think since I bought this phone and Applecare+ they would give me at least the benefit of the doubt... the person right next to me at the Genius Bar got his phone released for, get this, the ring/silent switch being a little wobbly.
    yes I've heard that listening to music is the least drain on the battery, and what you've said with your standby of 13.5hrs is good I do have to admit tho, sometimes it seems like when I'm using my phone I could just watch the battery percentage drop rapidly, but then it kinda comes to a point of 'slower drain' lol and it evens out.

I'm very surprised to hear the GB refused you with that kind of comment. I've never had to use them but I've always heard about prestige service so that is a little shocking. But at least the next customer got their wiggy wobbly mute button phone replaced sheesh !!

01-15-2012 07:29 PM
    yes I've heard that listening to music is the least drain on the battery, and what you've said with your standby of 13.5hrs is good I do have to admit tho, sometimes it seems like when I'm using my phone I could just watch the battery percentage drop rapidly, but then it kinda comes to a point of 'slower drain' lol and it evens out.

I'm very surprised to hear the GB refused you with that kind of comment. I've never had to use them but I've always heard about prestige service so that is a little shocking. But at least the next customer got their wiggy wobbly mute button phone replaced sheesh !!

I've only had to use them once in my lifetime of using Apple products (I'm 21 now) for my logic board on the MBP I had before this one, and the guy at the GB did it for free for me even though I was out of warrantee because he saw I was a college student, so I was very surprised when they wouldn't accomodate me. I think I just got a bad employee, because he was also very condescending even though I told him I was a developer and am very versed in tech in general. It got to the point where I had to kindly tell him that he didn't need to speak to me like I was brain dead when he proceeded to explain to me in detail that location services uses the GPS...
    01-16-2012 12:50 AM
    I've only had to use them once in my lifetime of using Apple products (I'm 21 now) for my logic board on the MBP I had before this one, and the guy at the GB did it for free for me even though I was out of warrantee because he saw I was a college student, so I was very surprised when they wouldn't accomodate me. I think I just got a bad employee, because he was also very condescending even though I told him I was a developer and am very versed in tech in general. It got to the point where I had to kindly tell him that he didn't need to speak to me like I was brain dead when he proceeded to explain to me in detail that location services uses the GPS...
    I think that most(?) people/businesses that have college students come in, they try to cater to them a little more, because let's face it-most students these days are paying their own way through college and it definitely isn't cheap that's for sure !! I think the time you went in with your ph, the rep may have been having a shizzy day & unfortunately it reflected on you not receiving such great service.

I have a bit of tech knowledge, enough to understand most things, but yea I know what you mean when they speak to you like they're explaining something to a 3 yo >.<
    01-16-2012 12:42 PM
    I think that most(?) people/businesses that have college students come in, they try to cater to them a little more, because let's face it-most students these days are paying their own way through college and it definitely isn't cheap that's for sure !! I think the time you went in with your ph, the rep may have been having a shizzy day & unfortunately it reflected on you not receiving such great service.

I have a bit of tech knowledge, enough to understand most things, but yea I know what you mean when they speak to you like they're explaining something to a 3 yo >.<
    Hmmm I'm currently applying to Law Schools so maybe they'll start giving me products for free hahaha, but you are so right about the "Genius". I guess everyone has bad days and I'm sure they get slammed all day with people coming in for the most ridiculous things (like a wobbly mute switch perhaps). I even told the guy that actually making a genius bar appt is my absolute last resort for a problem, as most problems other than physical failure of a part can be done by the user fairly easily.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    01-16-2012 05:01 PM
    Hmmm I'm currently applying to Law Schools so maybe they'll start giving me products for free hahaha, but you are so right about the "Genius". I guess everyone has bad days and I'm sure they get slammed all day with people coming in for the most ridiculous things (like a wobbly mute switch perhaps). I even told the guy that actually making a genius bar appt is my absolute last resort for a problem, as most problems other than physical failure of a part can be done by the user fairly easily.
    I agree with you, I'd trouble shoot as much as I could at home first with the knowledge I do have OR try to search for a solution to the problem first. If I can't do it, then a GB appt would be next, as a last resort as well
    01-20-2012 01:51 PM
    Just came back from vacation. Here are some stats that i got when i pushed my phone. I had 3 email accounts set to push. Used the camera a LOT. and used Skype quite often. Not bad I think

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    01-21-2012 09:27 PM
    Just came back from vacation. Here are some stats that i got when i pushed my phone. I had 3 email accounts set to push. Used the camera a LOT. and used Skype quite often. Not bad I think

..that is ridiculous
    01-22-2012 01:49 AM
    The reason I love my iPhone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mistah_mumford; 01-22-2012 at 07:42 AM.
    01-22-2012 07:40 AM
    My battery lasts decently long. It lasted a full day the other day despite my boredom leading to a couple of hours playing Infinity Blade, a few hours playing other games, and my normal usage on top of that. I didn't think to take screenshots then, but I did take one this morning after leaving the phone unplugged overnight.

It dropped to 99% a few minutes later as I was taking a turn in Hanging with Friends.
    01-22-2012 10:56 AM
481 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD