Groups SMS

Hoagie5252

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed when I send a groups SMS message and receive a SMS back it goes into the thread where I sent it to everyone and not just where I talk one on one with the person. Dose everyone see responses when I send a group SMS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed when I send a groups SMS message and receive a SMS back it goes into the thread where I sent it to everyone and not just where I talk one on one with the person. Dose everyone see responses when I send a group SMS.

Yes when the person responds its go to everyone you sent it to typically.. some phones may not work that way but most do..

Hoagie5252

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Just figured it out everyone that had a iPhone was able to see while conversation thanks guys.

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
You can turn off group SMS in the settings. So when you send a group text when they respond it goes into an individual conversation so you can reply back to that individual. Now of course if that person has group SMS turned on their phone their response will still go to everyone. It you'll see it in an individual conversation.

Hope that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

SIXM6N

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Glad I found this post. I started getting replies from people I don't know. I think this setting should be off from the factory by default.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Just updated my settings. Sometimes we use the devices and always forget to look at the simplest things... duh like SETTINGS!!!

This was making me crazy.

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
You can turn off group SMS in the settings.

I've had a look in settings, but I cannot see any mention of group SMS. I've also looked in Settings/Messages but couldnt find anything in there either. Could you tell me where this setting is please :eek:

Hoagie5252

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks but I do not have that option when I go here on my 4S. I'm in iOS 5.0.1.

Here's what I see when I go to settings/messages.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Must be your carrier I know they can take things like that out if they don't offer it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative