Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I'll update turn all my features back on and charge and see how tomorrow goes

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I would give it a few days. The update just came out today. I'm a little worried about this myself because I was getting 7 hours of usage and 2 days of standby time before the update, and I don't want to get less now after this update. I'm going to take a wait and see approach and hope for the best.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I think you need a few days of usage to tell how the battery is functioning.. At least we did with BlackBerry (that's what I'm coming from).

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
iPad done now too, and the battery did not fall below 100%! (I'm at work- don't have an iPad charger here...)

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Since charging upgrading last night and not charging all night with regular usage, I think mine may have gotten a tiny bit better. And I realize it's a bit soon to say, those just seem to be my initial observations. My battery life with 5.0 was never bad to begin with though.

tlgem

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
If your battery seems to be draining faster after update go back in & check your settings - The update turned on the siri lift to talk & auto time zone settings again on my phone - Shut them back off & battery is back to where it was pre update :) - I don't think this update did anything other than plug the security hole

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
If your battery seems to be draining faster after update go back in & check your settings - The update turned on the siri lift to talk & auto time zone settings again on my phone - Shut them back off & battery is back to where it was pre update :) - I don't think this update did anything other than plug the security hole

My settings stayed exactly the same...which was a huge bonus because whenever I did an OS update on BB I had to reset everything. I love how easy this update process was!

sqadan

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is def. better on mine... Starting @ 100% this morning around 7am I am down to about 93% with about a 45 minutes of music playback and a whole bunch of web surfing etc... Yesterday before the update I was at about 75 / 80% at this time.

I'll keep my eye on it over the next few days - standby is def. easier on the battery than before though.

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
That reminds me: Do you have to go through a full discharge cycle to get accurate results?
It's always recommended that you do a full discharge after an update and once every month regardless of updates. Whether that actually does anything is anyone's guess but it doesn't hurt.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit