11-14-2011 11:24 AM
    Thanks to all for your reports, I did hear of this bug...

I guess I'll monitor the situation closely before deciding to upgrade my Ipad 1 currently on 4.3.3
    11-14-2011 11:40 AM
    On my Sprint iPhone 4, iOS 5 was better with battery than 5.0.1 anyone else have this issue?
    Wasn'T it suppose to be the new update for solving the battery problem??? I updated it too recently. I'll see what happens.
    11-14-2011 12:12 PM
    How do I terminate Apps running in the background using the "multitasking pane"? I came from Android, and that OS would automatically kill running apps. (there was an app called Task Killer, but that was a waste of time). In OS5 how can I tell what's running in the background? I'm of the belief that an OS cannot by itself help with battery use, it's all about the apps that are running, GPS, searching for signals, that drain the battery.
    Last edited by thebignewt; 11-14-2011 at 12:27 PM.
    11-14-2011 12:22 PM
    How do I terminate Apps running in the background using the "multitasking pane"? I came from Android, and that OS would automatically kill running apps. (there was an app called Task Killer, but that was a waste of time). In OS5 how can I tell what's running in the background? I'm of the belief that an OS cannot by itself help with battery use, it's all about the apps that are running, GPS, searching for signals, that drain the battery.
    Just double click the home button while your screen is unlocked. A pane pops up on the bottom with a bunch of icons, which are all your active apps.
    11-14-2011 12:57 PM
    Hey guys,

I posted in a thread about poor battery life post-5.0.1 on the Apple website, and I just got a call from a guy at AppleCare who read my post. It looks like they are taking this very seriously, and are trying to get to the bottom of it. I was on the phone w/ the guy for 20 minutes, and he wanted all of the details about my usage.

Moral of the story -- we can complain all we want here, but nobody that matters will see it. You gotta take it straight to the source. My post was Friday morning, and I just got a call -- less than one full business day later. Apple is on it -- very proud to support them.
    11-14-2011 03:55 PM
    double click the home button tell you see a bar with your open apps in it then touch and hold one of the apps untill it wiggles now you can x them out by hitting the - sign
    11-14-2011 05:36 PM
    Siri always has the answer for me.

v1nn1e likes this.
    11-15-2011 01:40 AM
    what works for me to prevent battery loss at night.. If I have it on the charger at night or not I always put it on Airplane mode while I am asleep. Turning it back on when I wake up.. No battery loss when I do this. If it was on the charger I wake up with 100 percent if not on the charger its at whatever it was before I did this. For me there is no need to receive data or anything while I am sleeping.. And if someone really needs to get ahold of me then they can call on my lan line.

and it seems like my battery life is improving.. Yesterday I got over 17hrs standby time with 4 hours usage and still had 17percent left. I try to let it get down to almost powering off. Percentages in the single digits 95% of the time.
    Last edited by DreamOutLoud65; 11-15-2011 at 06:49 AM.
    11-15-2011 06:45 AM
    I don't want to sound smug here but my battery life on 5.0.1 has been absolutely fantastic. It was pretty good on 5.0, nothing to write home about, but fine. On 5.0.1 though, I'm still at 51% and I haven't charged my phone since Sunday morning (it is now Tuesday afternoon here in the UK - according to my usage stats thats 2 days & 10 hours of standby), and have been using my phone about as much as usual. I used to get 2 days maximum out of a full charge but if this carries on I'm looking at 3 1/2, potentially 4 days without charging my phone.

So I have to say, well done Apple!
    11-15-2011 11:05 AM
    I had the same situation as before, set all settin back to normal and lost 15% in 2 hrs, since changing time zone and Facebook push settings I've lost 5% in 2 hours
    11-15-2011 12:23 PM
    I upgraded to 5.0.1 on Friday. Since Monday I have terrible battery drain. I turned off cellular data and location-based services for the day. In LBS, I saw that 'Setting Time Zone' had a purple pointer next to it which wouldn't go away. I turned that off and it was fine for the evening. But this morning I'm running with LBS on, cellular data on (3G off), and time zone setting off, and I'm down from 100% to 86% in 1 1/2 hours.

I already did a full restore yesterday, and right now I have LBS turned off again. It definitely seems to be an OS issue.
    11-15-2011 11:59 PM
    For me, battery life on ups 5.0 was normal and great but when I updated to ups 5.0.1 it actually got worse! ...very frustrating
    11-16-2011 12:26 AM
    For me, battery life on ups 5.0 was normal and great but when I updated to ups 5.0.1 it actually got worse! ...very frustrating
    Have you tried a restore as new?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    11-16-2011 12:39 AM
    The update does fix the issue. The problem lies in restoring from a backup. Best bet is to start like a new phone and sync not restore a backup. then reset network settings and turn off the time Zone location.
    11-16-2011 08:07 AM
    This iOS is nothing but a hub of problems, I just dont understand whats the problem in the new iOS, its has reduced the battery life, I turned off wifi and all other such things but still its battery life is very reduced.
    11-17-2011 04:46 AM
    I think noticing that I had different things syncing the same thing (email, contacts etc.) helped my battery. Now I have iCloud syncing some things and GMail syncing others. After 12 hours at work yesterday I was only down to 53%.
    11-17-2011 07:42 AM
    Well, I will preface this post with i don't have the massive battery drain that some of you are reporting.. having said that, i didn't really have a problem until ios 5.01. I saw my battery life got worse with the update (like many others) Its never been too much of a concern because I have chargers everywhere...

i have been reading the debate on these forums about battery conditioning and so forth.. i know the new style batteries can be charged at will.. however, I did give one thing a try that many of you have.

I let my battery drain all the way last night, all the way until it shut itself off..this is the first time I ever did this. I charged overnight and this morning had the usual 100%

well, i read about 8 emails, surfed the web and twitter.. and turned on my bluetooth and made about a 15 minute phone call driving into work.. looked down at my phone and it was still at 100%!!

any other day, i would easily be around 91% or so after that use...I will see how the day goes but if any of you haven't tried this, its worth a shot, right?
    11-17-2011 08:58 AM
    Yet mine was ok until i did a full battery drain and then full charge, made my battery drain worse than was before
    11-17-2011 03:22 PM
    Wow. That's weird. It has been 12 hours now off full charge and I am at 50%!! That is much better than I was getting. It has worked for me.
    11-17-2011 06:20 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD