Visit site
Ya I think I go the air route vs reinstalling files I already have

Thanks

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Just finished my download via iTunes took 15 min. Browsed quite a few sites and phone is holding steady at 96%. Normally would drop faster on safari

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Is it better to update via the phone or using iTunes ?

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

As stated, I don't think it matters. If you are doing it OTA just make sure you are near a WiFi connection and have a charger nearby if your battery is less than 50% as it won't allow you to finish the download till you do connect to the charger.

RR88

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone actually got better results from doing it via iTunes instead of OTA? Previous releases that is.. Or even this if you would know that fast lol.. If its better im willing to do it... Ill prob just end up doing it anyways since it cant be worse at least.... Rightt?

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Just did it OTA and it was great. Had to wait all day as I was at work (no wifi) then out. I really hope they let us do it through cellular data one day. Anyway, it's all working well. Have to determine battery life tomorrow and through the weekend. Got to say, this sure beats BlackBerry OS updates!

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Just did it OTA and it was great. Had to wait all day as I was at work (no wifi) then out. I really hope they let us do it through cellular data one day. Anyway, it's all working well. Have to determine battery life tomorrow and through the weekend. Got to say, this sure beats BlackBerry OS updates!
:)Oh I'm deffinately with you on that one for sure !! ;) and that was the exact thought that ran through my head when my OTA was done in the matter of minutes on the 4S as well !!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
nolhayes

is a perfect example of what happens when a pimply faced kid gets all hopped up on code red mountain dew down in their parents basement. they all of a sudden become keyboard warriors

notice he has not been on for a while? yeah, that caffeine finally got the best of him

by the way, i have no plans on updating to 5.0.1 unless the Dev Team gives me the green light

Last edited:

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I did it on my new phone when I got home with it. My FOURTH iPHONE4S. FOURTH. *breaks things*

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
is a perfect example of what happens when a pimply faced kid gets all hopped up on code red mountain dew down in their parents basement. they all of a sudden become keyboard warriors

notice he has not been on for a while? yeah, that caffeine finally got the best of him

True. I guess he hadn't noticed from some of the posts on this forum and others that the battery issue of iOS 5 wasn't just a problem for 4S owners but 4 owners as well, which was one of the things that was addressed in the iOS 5.0.1 update.

Last edited:

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
So how anyone downloaded .1 and had worse battery life? I have been very happy with 5.0 and my battery life (lucky maybe) don't want to screw anything up!!

Jacoblee27

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I have tried to download it via my 4s, through the software update, and it tells me that is unable to check for a software update. I have restarted my phone countless times. And when I try to update it via itunes it says the connection times out every time. Any ideas?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I have tried to download it via my 4s, through the software update, and it tells me that is unable to check for a software update. I have restarted my phone countless times. And when I try to update it via itunes it says the connection times out every time. Any ideas?

Could be the servers are getting hammered.... try again later... or, get up a little early and try in the morning.

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Haha. Don't remind me!! Those blackberry updates still give me nightmares. BB desktop manager was the WORST EVER!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamkesher

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
So how anyone downloaded .1 and had worse battery life? I have been very happy with 5.0 and my battery life (lucky maybe) don't want to screw anything up!!

Yes. Hope I'm wrong, but it seems the battery life has gotten worse....didn't have battery problems to begin with now seems I do.

OutSpoken

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Great, now that 5.0.1 is released, maybe we'll finally see that untethered jailbreak. I'm hoping thats what the DevTeam were waiting on.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73