It's really annoying having to back out of stuff you already did or clear a search that you already did before doing a new search. This is also problematic on some other apps too
    11-09-2011 07:27 PM
    sorry remembering where you last were is how safari on the iPhone works there is no setting to change it
    Superjudge likes this.
    11-09-2011 08:18 PM
    I would just leave the tabs open until you are finished with them. If you double tap the home button and open Safari from the task tray, it will bring you back to the page that you last had opened.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    Superjudge likes this.
    11-09-2011 08:25 PM
    I would just leave the tabs open until you are finished with them. If you double tap the home button and open Safari from the task tray, it will bring you back to the page that you last had opened.

hes actually looking for the oposite behavior he wants it to open his home page each time safari opens..
    DANNCAS and Superjudge like this.
    11-09-2011 08:32 PM
    hes actually looking for the oposite behavior he wants it to open his home page each time safari opens..
    My bad, well there is a way to to this if the OP is jailbroken.

leharris22 likes this.
    11-09-2011 08:43 PM
    It's really annoying having to back out of stuff you already did or clear a search that you already did before doing a new search. This is also problematic on some other apps too
    You can not do this if you are running stock iOS. However, if you are using the tethered jailbreak for iOS 5, there are two apps in cydia that you can download to set a homepage in safari. They are; "Home Button Safari" and "Home Page in Safari".

DANNCAS, Superjudge and leharris22 like this.
    11-09-2011 08:47 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I'll learn to live with it. I understand why Apple sets it up that way but it would be more efficient if they gave you the option to turn that off and start default each time. It's silly to have to back out of something you already did on order to do something new. Just another reason I hope a 4s jailbreak happens at some point.
    11-09-2011 09:00 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I'll learn to live with it. I understand why Apple sets it up that way but it would be more efficient if they gave you the option to turn that off and start default each time. It's silly to have to back out of something you already did on order to do something new. Just another reason I hope a 4s jailbreak happens at some point.
    I agree more features would be a plus... typically when I am done viewing a webpage I am done with it I typically dont need it to save my last spot.. however It wasnt that big a deal to me because there is a google search on the top of any window and my homepage would be set to google anyway
    11-09-2011 09:50 PM
    More features would definitely be a plus, however, Apple doesn't seem to be in any hurry, so until then I'll continue to jailbreak.

11-09-2011 09:56 PM
    Thanks for the info. I was wondering this, as well. Would be a nice feature to have.
    DANNCAS likes this.
    11-10-2011 06:49 AM
    What I've started doing so I don't have to wait on the page I was last on to load (using data also, btw), when I know I'm finished with safari for awhile, I hit the button on the bottom right (that shows all the open pages), and close them all, leaving a blank screen. Then hit the home button to close. Next time I start Safari it's blank and waiting.
    11-10-2011 09:20 AM
    What I've started doing so I don't have to wait on the page I was last on to load (using data also, btw), when I know I'm finished with safari for awhile, I hit the button on the bottom right (that shows all the open pages), and close them all, leaving a blank screen. Then hit the home button to close. Next time I start Safari it's blank and waiting.
    Yeah that's a solution but Apple prides themselves on simplicity and your solution is anything but simple yet it does accomplish the goal. All they have to do is add an option for apps so that they revert back to their default screen when closed and opened later.

It really stems from their short sighted attempt at allowing multitasking which still is the worst of all the mobile OS's at the moment. It's something they need to revisit again.
    11-10-2011 10:13 AM
    You can save your home page as a book mark on your home screen too and just access from there....unless your talking opening to a blank screen.
    Last edited by BrindawithanI; 11-10-2011 at 10:57 AM.
    Superjudge and ProfessorTripp like this.
    11-10-2011 10:25 AM
    [QUOTE=BrindawithanI;1802895]You can save your home page as a book mark on your home screen too and just access from there....unless your talking opening to a blank screen.[/QUOTE

That is a great and simple solution. I feel somewhat like an ***** now. Thanks.
    11-10-2011 12:13 PM
    when I'm done with safari I just load my homepage and then close it so it always starts up with google
    11-10-2011 12:39 PM
    I can understand why people jailbreak :P Such a good feature this could be.
    11-10-2011 12:44 PM
    That is a great and simple solution. I feel somewhat like an ***** now. Thanks.
    No need to feel that way! There are SO many features, it's hard to know them all. That's why I come to TiPb. My daughter has had an iPhone since the 3G and I show HER how to do things all the time!
    Superjudge likes this.
    11-11-2011 06:55 AM
    A feature I would like is that, whenever I reopen a tab in safari I would like it it to not auto refresh! This really annoys me.

anyone know of a JB tweak to prevent this?
    Last edited by OutSpoken; 11-11-2011 at 08:02 AM.
    11-11-2011 07:57 AM
    As a work around I replace the safari icon with the shortcut to my homepage.
    How to create a shortcut:
    1.Go to the page you desire to make as home page
    2. tap on arrow icon on the bottom.
    3. tap on the option to ' Add to Home screen'.

This will create an icon on the home screen to directly to your home screen. ( you can replace safari with this new shortcut)
    11-11-2011 10:03 AM
    As a work around I replace the safari icon with the shortcut to my homepage.
    How to create a shortcut:
    1.Go to the page you desire to make as home page
    2. tap on arrow icon on the bottom.
    3. tap on the option to ' Add to Home screen'.

This will create an icon on the home screen to directly to your home screen. ( you can replace safari with this new shortcut)
    Already posted above.
    11-12-2011 12:15 AM
    I think the Atomic browser has solved a lot of my issues. Yeah its not free($.99) but its better. Now if only Apple would let the user select a default browser other than Safari.
    11-20-2011 11:22 AM
    For me every time I am done using Safari, I make sure to just automatically go to Google. It has been a habit of mine ever since I had my iPod touch 1G.
    11-21-2011 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD