Any way to make Safari open up to your home page instead of where you last were?

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
It's really annoying having to back out of stuff you already did or clear a search that you already did before doing a new search. This is also problematic on some other apps too

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I would just leave the tabs open until you are finished with them. If you double tap the home button and open Safari from the task tray, it will bring you back to the page that you last had opened.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Reactions: Superjudge

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I would just leave the tabs open until you are finished with them. If you double tap the home button and open Safari from the task tray, it will bring you back to the page that you last had opened.

hes actually looking for the oposite behavior he wants it to open his home page each time safari opens..

Reactions: Superjudge

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It's really annoying having to back out of stuff you already did or clear a search that you already did before doing a new search. This is also problematic on some other apps too

You can not do this if you are running stock iOS. However, if you are using the tethered jailbreak for iOS 5, there are two apps in cydia that you can download to set a homepage in safari. They are; "Home Button Safari" and "Home Page in Safari".

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I'll learn to live with it. I understand why Apple sets it up that way but it would be more efficient if they gave you the option to turn that off and start default each time. It's silly to have to back out of something you already did on order to do something new. Just another reason I hope a 4s jailbreak happens at some point.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I'll learn to live with it. I understand why Apple sets it up that way but it would be more efficient if they gave you the option to turn that off and start default each time. It's silly to have to back out of something you already did on order to do something new. Just another reason I hope a 4s jailbreak happens at some point.

I agree more features would be a plus... typically when I am done viewing a webpage I am done with it I typically dont need it to save my last spot.. however It wasnt that big a deal to me because there is a google search on the top of any window and my homepage would be set to google anyway

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
More features would definitely be a plus, however, Apple doesn't seem to be in any hurry, so until then I'll continue to jailbreak.

CBMem

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
What I've started doing so I don't have to wait on the page I was last on to load (using data also, btw), when I know I'm finished with safari for awhile, I hit the button on the bottom right (that shows all the open pages), and close them all, leaving a blank screen. Then hit the home button to close. Next time I start Safari it's blank and waiting.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
What I've started doing so I don't have to wait on the page I was last on to load (using data also, btw), when I know I'm finished with safari for awhile, I hit the button on the bottom right (that shows all the open pages), and close them all, leaving a blank screen. Then hit the home button to close. Next time I start Safari it's blank and waiting.

Yeah that's a solution but Apple prides themselves on simplicity and your solution is anything but simple yet it does accomplish the goal. All they have to do is add an option for apps so that they revert back to their default screen when closed and opened later.

It really stems from their short sighted attempt at allowing multitasking which still is the worst of all the mobile OS's at the moment. It's something they need to revisit again.

OutSpoken

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
A feature I would like is that, whenever I reopen a tab in safari I would like it it to not auto refresh! This really annoys me.

anyone know of a JB tweak to prevent this?

Last edited:

elavum

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
As a work around I replace the safari icon with the shortcut to my homepage.
How to create a shortcut:
1.Go to the page you desire to make as home page
2. tap on arrow icon on the bottom.
3. tap on the option to ' Add to Home screen'.

This will create an icon on the home screen to directly to your home screen. ( you can replace safari with this new shortcut)

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
As a work around I replace the safari icon with the shortcut to my homepage.
How to create a shortcut:
1.Go to the page you desire to make as home page
2. tap on arrow icon on the bottom.
3. tap on the option to ' Add to Home screen'.

This will create an icon on the home screen to directly to your home screen. ( you can replace safari with this new shortcut)

Already posted above.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73