Is it possible and how do I do it? I guess I never tried before because I came across the situation today and there seems to be no way to do it. Help?
    11-09-2011 07:35 AM
    Along those same lines, I should just be able to forward the e-mail with the video it did not forward, just the words did. Is it because the file is 11 Mb possibly? I could do it from my PC but not my iPhone.
    11-09-2011 07:36 AM
    Jeez, Mail's handling of attachments needs a serious revamp!

Oddly enough, I thought I saw an article online last week that explained how to save a video attachment to an OS5 device - but I can't recall where. Had something to do with saving it to 'Camera Roll' in Photos....

As for forwarding the video - it all comes back to Mail's (lack of) support of attachments and how it handles the ones it can cope with. Yeah, size probably had something to do with - likely a 'feature' within the OS as to prevent you from racking up data costs. Just guessing here...
    11-09-2011 08:43 AM
    Jeez, Mail's handling of attachments needs a serious revamp!

Oddly enough, I thought I saw an article online last week that explained how to save a video attachment to an OS5 device - but I can't recall where. Had something to do with saving it to 'Camera Roll' in Photos....

As for forwarding the video - it all comes back to Mail's (lack of) support of attachments and how it handles the ones it can cope with. Yeah, size probably had something to do with - likely a 'feature' within the OS as to prevent you from racking up data costs. Just guessing here...
    I'm unsure how to save a vid also to the iPhone.

But, one thing i can point out that Bazza said, & makes complete sense. Blackberry also has a limit of how much you can send pic/vid/file size wise. I would think prob all of the platforms do, so in regards to the 11mb file Ringfinger that you were trying to send, its prob too big.
    11-09-2011 08:53 AM
    It seems we can save pics but not vids. Makes no sense.
    11-09-2011 09:04 AM
    I've saved videos, without a problem on my 4S. All I have to is press my finger on the video file, after it's downloaded and I get a pop-up with the option to save video. I do it all the time.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    11-09-2011 01:01 PM
    I've saved videos, without a problem on my 4S. All I have to is press my finger on the video file, after it's downloaded and I get a pop-up with the option to save video. I do it all the time.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    Yep!

http://www.tipb.com/2011/10/22/save-...5-iphone-ipad/
    verwon likes this.
    11-09-2011 01:36 PM
    Nope, does not work. Maybe because it is a .3gp file format?
    11-09-2011 02:14 PM
    Maybe it was because of file format? I did get a .wmv file as well and it was 12.5 MB and that would not save either.
    11-10-2011 07:25 AM
    Maybe it was because of file format? I did get a .wmv file as well and it was 12.5 MB and that would not save either.
    Yeah, iPhone plays MP4 format. You can use a video converter on your home Mac or PC and then send to iPhone for storage and playback but none that actually convert on the iPhone itself that I know of.
    11-10-2011 01:04 PM
    I am guessing if the video is in a file format that the iPhone doesn't play you wont be able to save it.
    11-10-2011 01:42 PM
    Yeah, but it will play it. That's the issue. I am so confused.
    11-10-2011 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD