Last week I was standing in knee deep water off the coast of a 3rd world country, with nice beaches, and I was video skyping with my kids in Oregon who were on a computer....All over 3G......So the technology is capable, but we can't yet FACETIME over 3G....Is it because they want to push people away from Skype, keep them on Apple products, or...?

Talk amongst yourselves......

Ill be in China for the next 2 weeks....Ill post pics of the fake Apple stores selling real Apple products......

If the TIPB folks want some on the scene reporting, let me know....
    11-04-2011 01:42 PM
    Look forward to those pictures.
    11-04-2011 01:50 PM
    Carriers won't allow it since it uses data and there are tons of people of unlimited plans which costs them money and second using FaceTime also don't count towards using voice minutes which could allow you to be on a low minute plan which costs them money

In other words.... It would cost the carriers money and reduce their profit
    11-04-2011 02:27 PM
    Last week I was standing in knee deep water off the coast of a 3rd world country, with nice beaches, and I was video skyping with my kids in Oregon who were on a computer....All over 3G......So the technology is capable, but we can't yet FACETIME over 3G....Is it because they want to push people away from Skype, keep them on Apple products, or...?

Talk amongst yourselves......

Ill be in China for the next 2 weeks....Ill post pics of the fake Apple stores selling real Apple products......

If the TIPB folks want some on the scene reporting, let me know....
    Simply put, it's a carrier thing.
    11-04-2011 02:32 PM
    I don't think the carriers will ever let it happen. That's why Apple stopped mentioning it.
    11-04-2011 02:34 PM
    Apple has allowed it. However it is up to the carriers to enable it. I am on Rogers and I can facetime over 3g
    11-05-2011 07:02 PM
    Apple has allowed it. However it is up to the carriers to enable it. I am on Rogers and I can facetime over 3g
    rogers enabled facetime over 3G ? without using that jailbreak app ?

i still get the error saying to turn on wifi.
    Last edited by avmsam; 11-05-2011 at 07:45 PM.
    11-05-2011 07:36 PM
    Download Tango from the app store. If you and the person you are calling both have Tango, then you're good to go. Works on WiFi, 3G, 4G, 5G, whatever. By the way, the app is FREE! It also works iPhone to Android.
    11-05-2011 07:46 PM
    Download Tango from the app store. If you and the person you are calling both have Tango, then you're good to go. Works on WiFi, 3G, 4G, 5G, whatever. By the way, the app is FREE! It also works iPhone to Android.
    I was looking at that Tango.. is it any good? the reviews stink, people say it doesn't work well.
    11-05-2011 08:04 PM
    I was looking at that Tango.. is it any good? the reviews stink, people say it doesn't work well.
    It works for me and one of my kids who has a 3GS. I haven't had any problems with it. Hey, it's free, so try it and see if it works for you.
    11-06-2011 07:37 PM
    Another reason to JB
    11-06-2011 07:51 PM
    Another reason to JB
    Can't wait for a Jailbreak for the 4S

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-06-2011 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD