Yahoo Mail not Pushing Anymore?

MarcGoldie

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Even though I have my Yahoo and Outlook e-mails set to push, it seems only the Outlook account actually is doing it and the Yahoo one just sits dormant, especially when on a charger I've noticed, until I open the account then it will retrieve the e-mail, often times finally showing me stuff that was hours old that I was not alerted to earlier.

Is this happening to anyone else. Any suggestions? I have Fetch set to an HOUR, I could try moving that up to 15 minutes but I also don't want to kill my battery either.

I thought this happened before and it was on Yahoo's end and nothing I did fixed it until it magically started working again...

Last edited:

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah- thats what I have too- I have at&t which uses yahoo- there are a few days when it pushes without a problem but that does not happen often- Its on their end not yours. I know when I am waiting for a specific email I make sure to use my gmail or .me address that works flawlessly-

MarcGoldie

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah- thats what I have too- I have at&t which uses yahoo- there are a few days when it pushes without a problem but that does not happen often- Its on their end not yours. I know when I am waiting for a specific email I make sure to use my gmail or .me address that works flawlessly-

Ya know the funny part.... I keep my phone on the charger overnight and it hasn't been working. I took it off after I wrote this post and the e-mail I got about your response was pushed immediately to me.

I wonder if being on the charger somehow messes up the push???

jkk4_1998

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Ya know the funny part.... I keep my phone on the charger overnight and it hasn't been working. I took it off after I wrote this post and the e-mail I got about your response was pushed immediately to me.

I wonder if being on the charger somehow messes up the push???

Marc, you may be onto something. I had the exact same thing happen today.

jkk4

jkk4_1998

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I've also kept it off my charger and it still is not pushing emails. I need to open my mail for it to connect. My company email pushes fine.

jkk4

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I think it has something to do with the way the phone sleeps. Often when my phone is sleeping it won't push, but when I wake it up I get all my emails. But maybe not, because other times it works flawlessly. Could just be one of those crazy things. I don't really care that much about email, so I never really looked into it.

LyndaP

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
That has happened to me a couple of times with yahoo email. I delete the account from the phone and then add it back, and that fixes the problem. It's a Yahoo issue, evidently. EDIT: It has nothing to do with iOS 5 - it's happened to me with iOS 3 and 4.

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Neither yahoo gmail or iCloud will push for me at all. Have mine set to fetch hourly. Push hasn't worked for me since the update to ios5, and hasn't worked on 2 different devices (had to swap my iPhone for a separate issue). Strangely enough push worked fine on my iPad first gen on ios 5 before I sold it

jkk4_1998

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Neither yahoo gmail or iCloud will push for me at all. Have mine set to fetch hourly. Push hasn't worked for me since the update to ios5, and hasn't worked on 2 different devices (had to swap my iPhone for a separate issue). Strangely enough push worked fine on my iPad first gen on ios 5 before I sold it

Since installing Os 5 I've enjoyed "Notifications" It just seems to me that it was only yesterday that I started noticing no "Notifications" on Yahoo mail. I've got my emails to push every 15 minutes. This must be a Yahoo thing?

jkk4

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it is. And it's not new. When I first got my phone it was the same thing. At first it was pushing then it would stop. I wound up just giving up. I keep it on push cause it works great with gmail and .me mail. Crazy thing was that after I installed 5.0 it was working great for a few days then crapped out again. Now I just open the mail app and it checks. I don't love it but I deal with it.

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking it's not with yahoo. I have tried .me mail, which is my main email, doesn't push. Yahoo doesn't push. Gmail doesn't push. Never had an issue before ios5. Was using yahoo mail and I would get the email instantly. For some people it's working fine and for some it's not. I've swapped my phone recently and it didn't work on either of them do it's not a hardware thing. It works fine for some people so it can't be a yahoo or gmail or iCloud server issue. I wouldn't think anyways I'm not an IT guy so I don't know for sure. I really think its software related. Much like the battery life thing, some people are getting horrible battery life, and others are getting great. If you browse the forum a bit there's quite a few threads on this subject

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking it's not with yahoo. I have tried .me mail, which is my main email, doesn't push. Yahoo doesn't push. Gmail doesn't push. Never had an issue before ios5. Was using yahoo mail and I would get the email instantly. For some people it's working fine and for some it's not. I've swapped my phone recently and it didn't work on either of them do it's not a hardware thing. It works fine for some people so it can't be a yahoo or gmail or iCloud server issue. I wouldn't think anyways I'm not an IT guy so I don't know for sure. I really think its software related. Much like the battery life thing, some people are getting horrible battery life, and others are getting great. If you browse the forum a bit there's quite a few threads on this subject

If you're having problems, try restoring your device as new. That should fix any "software" issues you might be having. GMail pushes fine for me when it is setup as Exchange.

tnrambler

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Friends, yahoo mail being kludged up and not playing nice is NOT a problem with iPhone. I have had problems with Yahoo mail on every phone device that I have ever had and this is the 4S is my first iPhone. It works, then it doesn't, and then it does again. Face it, with Yahoo, you get what you pay for.

Last edited:

jagger reed

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Two weeks ago I received my iphone 4s and set up my yahoo mail on it. Yahoo worked well for 1 week and then all of a sudden stopped being pushed. I had no notifications in the lock screen and no email badges on the home screen. If I manually fetched the email it would come right through. By deleting the yahoo account and re-installing it I got it working; for an hour or so with the Verizon tech on the phone. It is like they never heard of the problem before. Then they transferred me to the Apple help desk senior tech. She basically did the same procedures that the Verizon tech did and got Yahoo working again; it lasted about an hour. It was like she never heard of the problem. I took the phone to the Verizon store the next day. The counter tech got the email working on the first try. Again it was like she never heard of this problem. I then turned the phone in for a refund since she said there was nothing wrong with the phone (but I was within the 14 day refund less the $35 fee period). I have since re-ordered the phone to give it one more try. This time with a newly opened gmail account. Hopefully gmail will work properly....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro