Quick way to go to a date in calendar?

tnrambler

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
In iCal on the Mac you have the ability to go to a specific date in the future or the past. The same function was available on my palm calendars. However, I cannot seem to figure out how to accomplish this on the stock calendar without scrolling through the months. Am I missing something that should be obvious or is this not available on the iPhone Calendar?

Thanks.

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm unaware of any "go to date" function on the stock calendar. There are two workarounds. Both of which are kludgy. You can display by list and scroll to contacts past or future, but if you have no contact on the day you want that won't work, and if you have loads of appointments that may not work too well. Second, you could make a new entry, then scroll to a date in the future at least, and when you're done with the contact you're on the date. Frankly the default calendar is not very good. The stock palm calendar was much better. That said I used a third party calendar on the palm and I do the same with the iPhone. I use Calengoo, which does have a jump to date function on its default screen.

Unfortunately, no calendar program on the iPhone is as good as datebk was on the palm.

Last edited:
Reactions: tnrambler

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I was afraid that was the answer. This is very frustrating.

Does Calegoo work with Google calendar? that is what I sync my default calendar with and need to have any third party calendar sync with my google calendars (6 of them)...

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Calengoo is designed to work with your Google calendars. It can go directly to any date. It's a great app.

pokchop2a

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
One quick way that I use is to type a date into the notes app. Once you do that and select done it makes that line a link to that day so that you can view that day. It's a lot faster than using the calendar app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro