Viewing notifications on lock screen

nmilot

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I want to be able to pull my phone out of my pocket and quickly look to see if i have any new emails. I do not want to unlock my phone. Just hit the button, look at the locked screen and see if there are any new emails.

I know you can go into notifications settings and select "view in lock screen," but I see one problem with this. Every time I receive an email, the phone screen lights up. This seems like a huge battery drain since I receive quite a few work emails a day. The phone is typically in my pocket, so lighting up is useless. I just want the notification to be present on the locked sreen when I bring the screen to life on my own.

Make sense? Suggestions?

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
The screen lights up, but dims fairly quickly after that. I wouldn't worry about battery drain.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Having the option to fine-tune lockscreen notifications is part of the reason I jailbreak. If you do, you can use LockInfo and other apps to really get it the way you want. For instance, mine is set to stay dark until I wake it and block all popup alerts but still give me an audible alert if I have one set for a particular app. I use status bar icons instead of popups, coupled with a pull-down notification panel.

End result: I can hear (or feel if on vibrate) each notification, but don't have to deal with a cluttered lockscreen if I'm not ready to respond to them.

nmilot

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. I'll enable it and see what happens. From what i've seen, the screen lights up for 15 seconds. I'm curious to see if this timer can be modified. I've only had the phone for 24 hours, I'll keep poking around.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro