iOS 5.0.1

chronictacos

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
this software update didnt do anything for me but drain it even more. went from ****ty to absolute ****...this is my first iphone and im confused why some of my other friends who own 4s or iphone 4 have better battery life

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
this software update didnt do anything for me but drain it even more. went from ****ty to absolute ****...this is my first iphone and im confused why some of my other friends who own 4s or iphone 4 have better battery life

Well, everyone's usage is different. What all do you have turned on?

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

The update just came out. I would give it a few cycles of charges and discharges before you say it didn't work. It took about three on my iPhone 4 last year when one of the updates was causing battery life issues. Thankfully, it did get much better.

nycfly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
im seeing my battery life worse than it was too, but im positive that a couple of recharge cycles will do the trick just like when i got the phone. i have to say the batter HAS improved with use, and last night i was amazed i was down to 3% with 17 hour standby time and 7 hours of use (not sure if thats good or not? but it lasted me the whole day doing what i needed to do)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The update just came out. I would give it a few cycles of charges and discharges before you say it didn't work. It took about three on my iPhone 4 last year when one of the updates was causing battery life issues. Thankfully, it did get much better.
IrishRose, when you say to give it a few charge/discharge cycles--what exactly do you mean by this. I've heard such mixed things about let the batt drain till it shuts down or to never do that and just charge when it needs it.

So, what is the right thing to do here ? I've dwld the update thru wifi approx 430pm and since then I've lost 10% already. TIA :)

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
IrishRose, when you say to give it a few charge/discharge cycles--what exactly do you mean by this. I've heard such mixed things about let the batt drain till it shuts down or to never do that and just charge when it needs it.

So, what is the right thing to do here ? I've dwld the update thru wifi approx 430pm and since then I've lost 10% already. TIA :)

Li-Ion batteries do not need to be totally drained, it's a (very) common misconception. Ars Technica has a wonderfully detailed article about lithium batteries here Ask Ars: What is the best way to use a Li-ion battery?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Not sure if it really is the thing to do or not. But anytime I get a new phone or do a software update, I always fully charge the battery and let it shut off 3 times. They say you don't have to do this, but I do it and I always seem to have good battery life on all of my phones.

Spiral_ouT

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
i applaud apple for being very honest about the battery life and they actually do something about it ...unlike some other platforms, they always blame it on the "OS"

The OS is the problem... That's why the battery drain began when people upgraded to iOS 5 and why Apple has released a new OS that they claim fixes the battery.

Sent from my HP Pavilion dv7 using Tapatalk

nycfly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

i did this twice with my iphone not knowing and i actually saw it improve the battery life. thats what im going to do this time as well.

btw are you pinkdiamonds from the 9650 forums? if so, hello!

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
i did this twice with my iphone not knowing and i actually saw it improve the battery life. thats what im going to do this time as well.

btw are you pinkdiamonds from the 9650 forums? if so, hello!
Hello :D yes I am, and I did recognize you NYC, but over there I'm now "iPinkk" (name change;))

Ok, I fig'd this is what I will do too. Il let my batt drain down then and hopefully by tomorrow itll shut down and I can throw a nice fresh charge on the baby;):)

jlarkins08

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any problems with 5.0.1 at all... Battery life is much improved on my iPod touch and did the software update OTA! No problems at all...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice