iOS 5.0.1

nycfly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
5.0.1 update available now! not yet OTA, but plug in and update over itunes. im curious to see if this fixed a lot of the battery issues we are having!

nycfly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
hmmm wonder why mine isnt picking it up! good news that its out and available through itunes and ota for all!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
hmmm wonder why mine isnt picking it up! good news that its out and available through itunes and ota for all!

Probably no open slots in the server queue... try again later... it took a couple hits for iTunes to actually download for me.

Edit: Got it OTA/Wifi on my iPad-1 - took about 5 min to download and is presently installing... iPhone is downloading via iTunes - appears to be a full install and not just a delta via iTunes.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Probably no open slots in the server queue... try again later... it took a couple hits for iTunes to actually download for me.

Edit: Got it OTA/Wifi on my iPad-1 - took about 5 min to download and is presently installing... iPhone is downloading via iTunes - appears to be a full install and not just a delta via iTunes.

If I recall correctly, the OTA updates were (are supposed to be) delta, but iTunes updates are full version.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just tried to update OTA but I'm not on WiFi right now so I'll have to wait till I get home.

c6e4c359-20a9-fbc3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

HeyGreggie

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm amped... Hopefully it actually makes it so I dont have to feel like I have an Android device and monitor my phone usage ever 3-4 minutes.

"Oh, gotta turn off GPS. Oh, gotta turn off backlight. Oh, gotta not use wifi."

EEZ123

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
Well I know its to early to say definitively, but when I had iOS 5.0 my battery would drian 1-2% in a few minutes, after a full charge, even if I didn't use the phone. So far with iOS 5.0.1 I have used it for 10 minutes and been on standy for 18 and its sitting at %100 right now. This gives me hope. I still have the time zone setting off in location services so I may turn it on after my next charge and see if it affects the battery at all.

TMElectric

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Is it better to upgrade OTA or thru Itunes? How do you do it thru Itunes? This is my first Iphone and still haven't figured Itunes out yet.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been out all day running errands and what not, stopped into the forums to find the update was released. SO I tapped into my wifi and dwld the update thru wifi, completed & rebooted all in about a total of 15mins time and everything was done:) I'm sooo impressed at how smooth the transition to update an official software is with Apple:) makes me even more thankful I made the switch !!

I'm super excited to see how much my battery life will improve, prior to the upgrade I was averaging 5/6% loss per hour ie. 4/5hr usage with 15hr standing -from 100% off the charger at 630am then down to 25% plug in at 10pm.

So tomorrow I will start off fresh and keep an eye on how usage is going:)

:D

Steve28

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Is it better to upgrade OTA or thru Itunes? How do you do it thru Itunes? This is my first Iphone and still haven't figured Itunes out yet.

It's pretty complicated :)

Step 1: Plug in iPhone
Step 2: Click Update

But just do it over the air. If you do it through iTunes, it will download the entire OS from apple. (iTunes likes to keep a copy of the "latest" iOS in case you need to do a "restore", which wipes the phone and re-installs everything from scratch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice