iOS 5.0.1

nycfly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
happy to see Apple has admitted an issue with battery life and is addressing the issue immediately with a new OS update.

do we have any developers here who have downloaded the seeded beta version of this OS? have any of you seen a drastic change in battery life?

hoping that the bugs Apple found in the original iOS 5 software fixes our battery drain issue! can't wait for the official release

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
This being my first iPhone, how long after the release is given to devs until the public usually gets it?

nycfly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
There is not going to be a drastic change. That can't happen. There can be a noticeable change, but not drastic.

well, drastic being not seeing a % going down every time i send every other text message. i realize it wont be a huge improvement but surely this OS must address little things like this?

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
It's about the same for me, but my battery life was stellar before 5.0.1

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
all they are going to do is slow down the processor, but my iphone battery life has been good out the box
They will not slow down the processor. The processor is already clocked-on-demand anyways, it only runs at full speed when needed.

What they will do/have done is find out whatever is causing the battery drain that SOME PEOPLE are experiencing and fix it.

It is not an issue with every phone. My battery life was stellar on both 4s' I have had (I warrantied the first one due to a crappy camera, but the battery life on it was awesome).

itsthemaiaa

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
i applaud apple for being very honest about the battery life and they actually do something about it ...unlike some other platforms, they always blame it on the "OS"

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Apple is claiming its not many customers complaining, just a few; we all know its A LOT of people complaining, but they can't make themselves look bad. its never a huge change in the battery when they do an update. almost every update they do is usually to make the battery a little better. It'll probably be better by a few percentages. I've had a few iPhone 4S' and the first two were ehh... but the phone I have unlocked on T-Mobile is great on battery. No complaints! I really would hate to upgrade. I guess I won't if I don't need to actually.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Apple is claiming its not many customers complaining, just a few; we all know its A LOT of people complaining, but they can't make themselves look bad. its never a huge change in the battery when they do an update. almost every update they do is usually to make the battery a little better. It'll probably be better by a few percentages. I've had a few iPhone 4S' and the first two were ehh... but the phone I have unlocked on T-Mobile is great on battery. No complaints! I really would hate to upgrade. I guess I won't if I don't need to actually.

Unlocked 4s on tmobile ? Please explain :)

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

How many do you consider "a lot"? When you look at the big picture (several million sold), I am willing to bet its a small percentage having the issue.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

Matchoo

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

To be fair, only the ones having the issue are complaining, but many more are not having any issues at all (me included)...

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Coming from a software development background, you have to estimate that for every 1 person that complains ( to the company ) there's at least 2 - 4 other people that will not say a thing.

While those complaining may be a small percentage, those effected are probably much larger, and either new to the iOS family or used to phones that have crappy battery life and so they keep them charging all the time.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
We managed hundreds of upgrades to iOS 5 without an systems showing any degradation in battery performance.

It's a problem, but clearly not one experienced by a large percentage of customers.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
we all know its A LOT of people complaining, but they can't make themselves look bad...yap useless crap yap yap...but the phone I have unlocked on T-Mobile is great on battery.

1. No....it's a minority. We'll never have concrete numbers, but the voice of the unhappy is always louder than the happy.

2. Duh. Of course it runs better on AT&T-Mobile. It's EDGE. 2G. Draws less power. Enjoy life in the slow lane.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods