5.0.1 beta 2, and my battery life still eats it

i dont use facebook
    11-05-2011 02:53 PM
    Ok noob question;

Where on the dev site do i download the beta?
    11-05-2011 07:58 PM
    You have to wait until Apple releases to the general public in a couple of weeks or so. My battery life is OK so I have no problem waiting. It gives me 2 weeks or so to spend over at the Crackberry and the Droid forums going aff about it all....
    Last edited by Motorbones; 11-06-2011 at 11:29 AM.
    11-05-2011 08:03 PM
    There are very few complaints going on here, everyone can have a technical issue from time to time, but coming over from the crackberry forum last year cuz I was sick of the bashing and hs drama, there are way more complaints in that forum (the bb part anyways) than you'll see here... This battery life thing is a glitch ... Apples good at fixing things ASAP ... Bet it's out in another week or so
    Absolutely agree. I'm sick of CB. So many of the users post such childish comments regarding anything that isn't an almight BB. I have friends over there so I like to stick around, but I can't bring myself to go into many threads or else I just end up defending Apple and iPhone.
    11-05-2011 08:59 PM
    how can i post a link for 5.0.1
    11-06-2011 09:29 PM
    anyone anyone
    11-06-2011 09:42 PM
    Absolutely agree. I'm sick of CB. So many of the users post such childish comments regarding anything that isn't an almight BB. I have friends over there so I like to stick around, but I can't bring myself to go into many threads or else I just end up defending Apple and iPhone.
    they are in DENIAL...LoL
    11-07-2011 12:15 AM
    It seems like the users of other forums are open minded. Like myself personally I have owned tons of different smartphones I love my iPhone but respect that the others exist

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-07-2011 12:32 AM
    It seems like the users of other forums are open minded. Like myself personally I have owned tons of different smartphones I love my iPhone but respect that the others exist

I do too. I've owned two BBs and I still like them and wish the company success. But CB has almost turned into a warzone, especially in some threads. People who've never even touched an iPhone or Android device are slinging around misinformation. It's extremely irritating because then the former-BlackBerry users who now use iPhones or Androids spend their time defending their devices and try to stop the misinformation.
    11-07-2011 06:29 AM

I do too. I've owned two BBs and I still like them and wish the company success. But CB has almost turned into a warzone, especially in some threads. People who've never even touched an iPhone or Android device are slinging around misinformation. It's extremely irritating because then the former-BlackBerry users who now use iPhones or Androids spend their time defending their devices and try to stop the misinformation.
    i couldnt agree more with both of you. I've always been a "neutral" user(also previous bb user 4+yrs). My motto always was and still is: "use what makes you happy, that works for you and fits your needs regardless of what platform it is"

I could NEVER understand the p!ssing matches that some get into with the whole my phone is better than your phone type of crap.....thats just super annoying and disappointing, bringing negativity to the forum(s) like that !! I'm out of hs 26yrs now, i dont want to see the "hs drama" on the forums too, LOL.
    noaim likes this.
    11-07-2011 09:12 AM
    I've been a BB user for 4 years and this is my first iPhone. I don't want to talk negatively about RIM or Apple or any company. If there is legitimate criticism to be made, that is fine, but when forum members attack a company that is just unproductive and negative.
    11-07-2011 10:09 AM
    When forum members attack a company that is just unproductive and negative.
    That's where I come in.
    11-07-2011 10:33 AM
    i couldnt agree more with both of you. I've always been a "neutral" user(also previous bb user 4+yrs). My motto always was and still is: "use what makes you happy, that works for you and fits your needs regardless of what platform it is"

I could NEVER understand the p!ssing matches that some get into with the whole my phone is better than your phone type of crap.....thats just super annoying and disappointing, bringing negativity to the forum(s) like that !! I'm out of hs 26yrs now, i dont want to see the "hs drama" on the forums too, LOL.
    I think part of the reason I am this way is that im an IT guy. I have to support many different phones on a day to day basis.. and all of them does what the end user needs it to do
    11-07-2011 06:37 PM
    im pretty satisfied with battery life with iOS 5.
    much much better than previous versions.
    11-09-2011 09:48 PM
    I noticed for awhile that my location services were kicked in and in use (purple arrow) for Siri. That was when I noticed a lot of battery drain. I checked to make sure nothing else was running by closing everything out and it seemed that the culprit was the location services. I only have it turned on for Siri. Hopefully the fix can get he iPhone 4S back to iPhone 4 standards.
    11-10-2011 12:30 AM
    5.0.1 update available now! not yet OTA, but plug in and update over itunes. im curious to see if this fixed a lot of the battery issues we are having!
    11-10-2011 01:23 PM
    5.0.1 update available now! not yet OTA, but plug in and update over itunes. im curious to see if this fixed a lot of the battery issues we are having!
    It's OTA... downloading now...
    11-10-2011 01:24 PM
    hmmm wonder why mine isnt picking it up! good news that its out and available through itunes and ota for all!
    11-10-2011 01:28 PM
    installing now
    11-10-2011 01:36 PM
    hmmm wonder why mine isnt picking it up! good news that its out and available through itunes and ota for all!
    Probably no open slots in the server queue... try again later... it took a couple hits for iTunes to actually download for me.

Edit: Got it OTA/Wifi on my iPad-1 - took about 5 min to download and is presently installing... iPhone is downloading via iTunes - appears to be a full install and not just a delta via iTunes.
    Last edited by kch50428; 11-10-2011 at 01:47 PM.
    11-10-2011 01:36 PM
    Probably no open slots in the server queue... try again later... it took a couple hits for iTunes to actually download for me.

Edit: Got it OTA/Wifi on my iPad-1 - took about 5 min to download and is presently installing... iPhone is downloading via iTunes - appears to be a full install and not just a delta via iTunes.
    If I recall correctly, the OTA updates were (are supposed to be) delta, but iTunes updates are full version.
    11-10-2011 01:54 PM
    Just tried to update OTA but I'm not on WiFi right now so I'll have to wait till I get home.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    11-10-2011 02:06 PM
    Just tried to update OTA but I'm not on WiFi right now so I'll have to wait till I get home.

Click to view quoted image

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    Same! Why can't I use my data to download?
    11-10-2011 02:07 PM
    Same! Why can't I use my data to download?
    To save folks with limited data plans from going over and blaming Apple for their overage. AKA Gluteus-Protectus on their part.
    verwon likes this.
    11-10-2011 02:10 PM
    I'm amped... Hopefully it actually makes it so I dont have to feel like I have an Android device and monitor my phone usage ever 3-4 minutes.

"Oh, gotta turn off GPS. Oh, gotta turn off backlight. Oh, gotta not use wifi."
    11-10-2011 02:11 PM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD