can anyone confirm if iOS 5.0.1 does indeed have improved battery performance?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You can always load the (most) betas without being a dev. You just can't give feedback. So if you just like playing around then there are places to get the betas. As for 5.0.1 I'll skip it until it official because the battery isn't too bad for me since turning off all the System Services (although I hope it gets better in 5.0.1).

... and you must have your UDID registered with a developer account in order to activate the beta version of iOS... or just install it and use your phone for a paperweight...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
You can always load the (most) betas without being a dev. You just can't give feedback. So if you just like playing around then there are places to get the betas. As for 5.0.1 I'll skip it until it official because the battery isn't too bad for me since turning off all the System Services (although I hope it gets better in 5.0.1).

Gold Master yes. This beta no. There are work arounds but you need to be tech savy.

Steve28

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
This is one reason I can't stand these battery life threads....one person claims it's the second coming of the spaghetti monster in the sky, another claims it's the worst thing since unsliced bread, but regardless there's never any facts backing up any of said claims.

1) need picts of usage statistics BEFORE the upgrade ( across multiple days, or weeks if possible )
2) repeat this for AFTER the upgrade.

Otherwise this "it seems like...." doesn't get anyone anywhere. *sigh*
/endrant /gets off soapbox

Oh man have you hit the nail on the head.

Another classic: "I just had some 'light usage' and it's dead!!!!" - when 'light usage' for some might be 1 5 min phone call and one text message over the entire workday. And 'light usage' for a 16 year old is 'only' 500 texts, 37 tweets, and angry birds for 20 min on the way to school.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Ok, yesterday I started taking usage screenshots of my ( AT&T ) iPhone 4 on iOS5. I got my friend to start doing the same on his iPhone 4S, and we are going to track our usages until 5.0.1 is released. Gonna put my money where my mouth is =P

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
personally, i can definitely tell a difference. not necessarily statistical, but where i have ended up at certain points of my day with typical usage. standby time is great too

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal