I really have no use for this and I'm an icon freak. I'd love to put it into a folder, but I can't because it acts as a folder itself. Anyways, I can't find a way to delete it, is there anything I'm not trying?
    11-02-2011 04:40 PM
    There's a trick that you can look up on this site to put it in a folder. It can't be deleted, though.
    11-02-2011 04:42 PM
    No, you can't delete it... on a stock iOS install... but by jailbreaking??
    11-02-2011 04:43 PM
    here is a video of how to hide it without jailbreaking.

it does come with a price though. it crashes your device if you try to open it while in a folder. which may not be a big deal if you never plan on using it anyway

~~~~

it can be achieved by jailbreaking (NoNewsIsGoodNews) however, it seems a little extreme if that is the only reason
    gregorylkelly likes this.
    11-02-2011 05:04 PM
    It is quite annoying. I tried deleting and putting in a folder, in vain.
    11-02-2011 07:37 PM
    Keep in mind if you use this bug to create nested folders - Newsstand is a folder already - you are corrupting your file system and there may be unintended consequences...
    11-02-2011 08:02 PM
    Keep in mind if you use this bug to create nested folders - Newsstand is a folder already - you are corrupting your file system and there may be unintended consequences...
    you always ruin the fun
    gregs87 likes this.
    11-02-2011 09:20 PM
    I've seen people post where they are sure the only problem here is that your phone will crash if you try to access something in the nested folder, but as a developer I would never intentionally corrupt the file system on any device and assume someone posting on a forum like this did exhaustive testing of consequences under all possible conditions.

For me, knowing the last backup of my iPad or iPhone is not going to be corrupt is more than worth the inconvenience of putting Newsstand on its own page at the end of all my apps...
    11-02-2011 10:21 PM
    Just put it in an empty page.....all the way at the end.
    Nanci likes this.
    11-03-2011 12:55 AM
    I've seen people post where they are sure the only problem here is that your phone will crash if you try to access something in the nested folder, but as a developer I would never intentionally corrupt the file system on any device and assume someone posting on a forum like this did exhaustive testing of consequences under all possible conditions.

For me, knowing the last backup of my iPad or iPhone is not going to be corrupt is more than worth the inconvenience of putting Newsstand on its own page at the end of all my apps...
    ^^ completely agree ^^
    11-03-2011 08:27 AM
    i only use 1 page for all of my apps. as long as i am jailbroken, i am getting rid of, or hiding, the POS anyway possible
    11-03-2011 09:12 AM
    Wouldn't it be nice if there were actually a couple interesting publications to put in it?? I have Zinio, and I love that app! I love getting my couple magazines that I've subscribed to every month or two, or buying a single issue here and there. I just can't drum up an iota of interest in anything Newstand has to offer so far.
    11-03-2011 09:17 AM
    the native apps that annoy me such as newstand, stocks and weather... i just pace them into a folder that i never look at. you cant delete them but you can sure ignore them
    11-03-2011 02:45 PM
    Wouldn't it be nice if there were actually a couple interesting publications to put in it?? I have Zinio, and I love that app! I love getting my couple magazines that I've subscribed to every month or two, or buying a single issue here and there. I just can't drum up an iota of interest in anything Newstand has to offer so far.
    I also wish there was more of a selection. It's underwhelming right now.
    11-04-2011 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD