I have noticed when viewing video podcasts in 3rd party apps (Downcast & iCatcher) when a notification comes in it crashes the app. Both apps crash in exactly the same way so I'm assuming it's a notification bug and not a bug with the podcast app.
    10-29-2011 07:20 PM
    I have noticed when viewing video podcasts in 3rd party apps (Downcast & iCatcher) when a notification comes in it crashes the app. Both apps crash in exactly the same way so I'm assuming it's a notification bug and not a bug with the podcast app.
    I am guessing that your assumption is wrong considering that its not happening with a ton more applications I am yet to have a application crash do to a notification. More then likely the application needs a update for ios5
    10-29-2011 07:57 PM
    I am guessing that your assumption is wrong considering that its not happening with a ton more applications I am yet to have a application crash do to a notification. More then likely the application needs a update for ios5
    How many tons of 3rd party apps that you have play video? If you have ANY, see if this happens in those apps. BTW, both of these have been updated for iOS 5.
    10-29-2011 08:03 PM
    How many tons of 3rd party apps that you have play video? If you have ANY, see if this happens in those apps. BTW, both of these have been updated for iOS 5.
    I have vlc media player which is no longer even available on the store not updated for ios 5 and it does not crash when a notification comes in
    10-29-2011 08:05 PM
    I have vlc media player which is no longer even available on the store not updated for ios 5 and it does not crash when a notification comes in
    Seems strange that two separate apps crash exactly the same. I'll reload VLC and see if that crashes. Are you recieving a Messages Notification to test it or some other notification?
    10-29-2011 08:20 PM
    Seems strange that two separate apps crash exactly the same. I'll reload VLC and see if that crashes. Are you recieving a Messages Notification to test it or some other notification?
    I have watched quite a few videos and had many notifications come in mostly messages though
    10-29-2011 08:26 PM
    I have watched quite a few videos and had many notifications come in mostly messages though
    Are they set to Alerts or Banners?
    10-29-2011 08:33 PM
    Are they set to Alerts or Banners?
    banner

10 char
    10-29-2011 08:34 PM
    That might be why. If I set to Banner it doesn't crash. If set to Alerts it does. Try setting to Alert and see if it crashes.

I'm discussing this with a Dev right now and he's trying to figure out if it's on his side or Apples.
    10-29-2011 08:55 PM
    As I suspected it's a bug in one of the API's. Confirmed by one of the devs.
    10-30-2011 05:32 PM
    Ok I guess your correct then I don't use alerts so this won't do anything to me

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    10-30-2011 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD