Need help restoring

Waks

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, so here's the case:

I decided to get some vids from my cousin's computer (had "Manually manage music and videos" checked on my phone settings) and suddenly, when I opened her iTunes, my phone decided to restore itself without me prompting it to do so, and I wasn't able to stop it.

Here's the thing, when I got home, I needed to find a way to restore my phone to its previous settings, but unfortunately, the latest back up that my iTunes had was around 3 weeks ago, (I remember backing my phone up on iTunes at a latter date, but cant find it) and iCloud can only do as much as restore my contacts and app data (right?), and I wanted a way to get my messages back. I've also been trying to download my photos on iCloud to my camera roll but I'm not having luck with this either..

Lastly, after the impromptu restoration, my iMessage and Facetime doesn't recognize my # anymore and would only receive messages/calls through my Apple ID - which is a total bummer.

Anybody have any ideas? This really ruined my day and I hope someone would be able to give suggestions with these problems. :(

Thanks!

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, so here's the case:

I decided to get some vids from my cousin's computer (had "Manually manage music and videos" checked on my phone settings) and suddenly, when I opened her iTunes, my phone decided to restore itself without me prompting it to do so, and I wasn't able to stop it.

Here's the thing, when I got home, I needed to find a way to restore my phone to its previous settings, but unfortunately, the latest back up that my iTunes had was around 3 weeks ago, (I remember backing my phone up on iTunes at a latter date, but cant find it) and iCloud can only do as much as restore my contacts and app data (right?), and I wanted a way to get my messages back. I've also been trying to download my photos on iCloud to my camera roll but I'm not having luck with this either..

Lastly, after the impromptu restoration, my iMessage and Facetime doesn't recognize my # anymore and would only receive messages/calls through my Apple ID - which is a total bummer.

Anybody have any ideas? This really ruined my day and I hope someone would be able to give suggestions with these problems. :(

Thanks!

Well im not sure what you can do to get your phone back to the way it was. However I will say this. Iphones can only be synced with one computer if you stick it on a new computer its going to erase it and put whats on that computer on your phone

Reactions: Waks

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I would restore from your backup 3 weeks ago and then do a search if you synced your computer more recent iTunes maybe did a auto back up and stored the files in a diff folder
Basically the other computer restored your phone and wiped any data like music apps anything the is tied to your apple ID .. As the computer you hooked it too was not authorized with your apple ID ...

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: Waks

Waks

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Yup, that's what happened. Thing is .. it never happened before, so there's probably a glitch there. Guess there's nothing else I can do but restore it through iCloud.

However, I can't seem to get iMessage to work. It can only receive messages sent through my email, not through my CP#. Any idea?

Thanks again!

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Yup, that's what happened. Thing is .. it never happened before, so there's probably a glitch there. Guess there's nothing else I can do but restore it through iCloud.

However, I can't seem to get iMessage to work. It can only receive messages sent through my email, not through my CP#. Any idea?

Thanks again!

go to settings>messages and there is a button in there called receive at click there and make sure both your email and phone number is in there..

Waks

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
go to settings>messages and there is a button in there called receive at click there and make sure both your email and phone number is in there..

Yup, my email is in there, but I don't know how to put my number in there.

iMessage just indicates "Waiting for activation" endlessly.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner