Custom ringtones, where are they?

martymapson

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Since updating to IOS5 my custom ringtones that I used to have on my iphon4 are gone. They show up in Itunes but do not show up in the ringtones to use for contacts on my phone. Anybody have this problem too and figure it out? I would appreciate the help. Thanks.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Since updating to IOS5 my custom ringtones that I used to have on my iphon4 are gone. They show up in Itunes but do not show up in the ringtones to use for contacts on my phone. Anybody have this problem too and figure it out? I would appreciate the help. Thanks.

Plug your phone into iTunes. Make sure you have everything set to sync with phone. Let iTunes do it's thing, and you should be good to go.:)

mskathyw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Same here

I also have this problem with my ringtones. I have already tried to go into Itunes and checked and rechecked the ringtone sync settings. It still won't sync them. Any more advice?

mskathyw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Possible solution

Finally something that worked for me. Hopefully it will work for you too.

Resolution

To resolve the issue:
1.Make sure that "Sync ringtones" is selected in the Ringtones tab for your iOS device in iTunes.
2.Sync your device and allow the sync to complete.
3.If still unresolved, deselect "Sync ringtones" and click Apply.
4.After the sync finishes, select "Sync ringtones" again and click Apply.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I had this issue through some of the betas. I resolved it by a similar method to the one suggested above by mskathyw. Deselected sync all, sync, choose a random selection, sync, sync all, sync. It was annoying.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal