My wife and I both have an Iphone 4. I upgraded both phones to the new IOS5 software. Since then we have both had problems with our phones charging. At night we plug in our phones to charge all night. When we wake up sometimes the phones have not charged all of the way after spending several hours charging. We use separate charging cords and separate electric plugs. It doesn't always happen but has occurred more than once. Anyone have a similar experience??
    10-28-2011 05:05 PM
    AFAIK, the phone will charge to 100% (the icon will change from a lightening flash to a plug). At this point charging stops. If you have apps running they will start to drain the battery whether it's plugged in to a charger or not.

That is my understanding anyway, I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

HTH.
    10-29-2011 07:18 AM
    my phone is always at 100 percent after a night of charging no matter whats happening on the phone
    10-29-2011 02:08 PM
    My phone is plugged in after it hits 100% and stays there regardless of how long it has been plugged in.
    11-08-2011 06:29 AM
    Cmac, let your batteries run down to empty and reset the display for the charging percentage.
    11-08-2011 06:35 AM
    i have two iPhone 4 that we upgraded to ios5. one of them battery usage is the same. the other one got worse battery life. i followed a suggestion in the forum here to restore the phone as new and that helped. still had to charge the phone around dinner time if i wanted it to last till bedtime - with heavy usage all day and night. i gave my phone to my son in florida (he was having issues with coverage on sprint) so i gave him my phone and i got an additional iphone4 on my plan last thursday. (i gave him mine because i got the att $99.99 one with less memory) anyway, it came with ios5 already loaded. it was only partially charged when i got it home and i just put it on the charger every night without thinking about the battery. then last night i decided to drain the battery - till the phone shut off - and charged it overnight. i took it off the charger at 8am - i have surfed the web (wifi) sent text, made phone calls, twitter, Facebook, app store, etc etc.. id say heavy usage... and its 3:45 and i am at 82%!! do you think this is because the phone came pre loaded with the ios5? also i am waiting for att to get stock of the 4s and i was going to return this one and get the 4s within my 30day return window...this is what i was told to do by the salesman in the store -i would have ordered it last week but i couldn't be without a phone for a month,(no landline and two kids out of state at college) so i had to get the 4 on the spot. they "hope" to have them by thanksgiving. i was told to keep calling to see if they have any in. :/ hope they get it in before my 30days is up.
    11-08-2011 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD