i would like to see several things...

--notification icons in the status bar
    --updated contacts app (redesigned UI and theres certain tons of features that could be added
    --mail enhancements, I use email more than any other thing on my phone...features are definitely lacking and updated UI would would help the eyes
    --panoramic photos would be great
    --ability to add attachment from the mail application/compose window
    --facetime over 3g

I know UI changes definitely wouldn't come in a .1 update but i just thought id mention...and I'm sure we can all go on for paragraphs but those would improve my experience

Also, are you guys aware that notifications can be swiped left to dismissed now?
    11-02-2011 10:45 AM
    Here is my wish list:
    - more customization around notification reminders, particularly repeat reminders. It seems like text messaging is the only app that really offers this. But I think it is equally important for email/calendar/phone, etc.
    - toggle switch for wifi
    - ability to see contact's picts in text email and phone overview screens, as well as in the text conversation screen.
    - synergy with facebook and linkedin
    - notification LED actually working
    - ability to silence all vibrating alerts when plugged in (sick of being woken up at night by a call/text or email.
    - icon in the upper most status bar showing what type of notifications are pending in the drop down screen.
    - fix bug on being able to manually customize order of notifications. Seems to never stick after I reorder.
    - fix bug so that the recently added smart playlist actually presents on iphone as it shows in itunes on the comp. I like to see my recently added music from the top down.
    - Ability to hide Newstand.
    - Option in App Store to see most recently added of all categories.
    - Option to wake lock screen when plugged in. This helps for all those people using as nightstand although there is a separate app.
    - Ability to see and edit photostream/photo folders and music in icloud from any computer.
    - Add a calendar view to photostream so you can view by date.

That's about it ... for now. But great update in IOS 5.
    11-02-2011 11:08 AM
    What song is playing in notification center .. And some toggles for wifi VPN , Bluetooth etc would be sweet

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    I'd like to see some symbiotic relationship between notifications and the left swipe for multitask, like the ability to choose what is where and have 3G/Wifi/BT/volume/brightness controls and widgets on one or the other.

Also would like to see API for third party apps to use widgets.
    11-02-2011 11:16 AM
    ability to swipe close banner notifications immediately, and seriously, why can't they show the date instead of a massive am/pm or ATT in the status bar! to often i have to leave apps that don't show it to recall the date!
    11-02-2011 12:41 PM
    ability to swipe close banner notifications immediately
    have you tried the "swipe to the left method", works very well
    11-02-2011 12:45 PM
    Coming from webOS here is my wish list:

- I miss being able to swipe away notifications: You should be able to swipe away notifications on the lock screen and in the notification center. It is not very user friendly to have to hit a tiny x then clear in the notification center. Plus what if I want to leave one or more of the notifications? (I am aware you can left swipe the banner notifications.)
    - Having the front "home button" blink when I receive new notifications. They would need to put a light under the home button in the next phone but for now they could have the LED slowly and dimly blink.
    - A way to switch directly between apps on the iPhone, like the 4 finger swipe on the iPad. Maybe a full screen side swipe or something.
    Last edited by jnmfox; 11-02-2011 at 03:38 PM.
    11-02-2011 03:07 PM
    Banner notifications push down the page and not roll on top of it.
    11-02-2011 03:11 PM
    A way to delete multiple texts from different senders at once. Bulk delete.
    11-02-2011 03:29 PM

Able to delete or clear photostream on any device

*ABILITY TO SELECT WHICH PHOTOS TO STREAM

Siri turning Bluetooth on/off

Photos
    Descending/Ascending order!!!!

Music*
    Playlist bugs FIXED! Again. *(What is with apple and recurring small bugs?)

Notes
    FOLDERS! To organize notes! (nothing fancy)

SMS BG custom

Tap screen away keyboard instead of swipe down*

iMessage*
    Contact Photos on chat logs*(visually easier to see who's who)
    Group chat options!*
    -chat log title (instead of ex. John smith; Lisa smith ;..etc)
    -chat log image
    -individual group mute options*
    -add or remove people from chats
    -online status
    (basically like WhatsApp)

Adding a message app icon in multitask bar or in notification menu like iPod controls / music app. *
    dublex likes this.
    11-02-2011 03:38 PM
    Coming from webOS here is my wish list:

- I miss being able to swipe away notifications: You should be able to swipe away notifications on the lock screen and in the notification center. It is not very user friendly to have to hit a tiny x then clear in the notification center. Plus what if I want to leave one or more of the notifications? (I am aware you can left swipe the banner notifications.)
    - Having the front "home button" blink when I receive new notifications. They would need to put a light under the home button in the next phone but for now they could have the LED slowly and dimly blink.
    - A way to switch directly between apps on the iPhone, like the 4 finger swipe on the iPad. Maybe a full screen side swipe or something.
    I miss swiping away notifications, also had a cool patch that let me delete emails from the notification. Also miss Cards in a way. What I dont miss, the battery life; any iP4s user coming from a Pre Plus should be elated. I know I am
    11-02-2011 04:19 PM
    Apart from many of the things mentioned above, he two things that I'd like to see (on my old iPhone 4) is:

- Location specific sound profiles. (I know sound profiles already mentioned, but to have them location specific would be great. Funny how the ringtone you pick at the weekend seems to embarrassing when you suddenly hearing it blaring out in the office on Monday morning...)

- Ability to subscribe to podcasts within the iPhone with automatic background download of latest updates.

- Oh, and wifi sync that works for me on Windows 7 x64 / iPhone 4.

That's my bit...
    11-02-2011 07:00 PM
    I want to be able to have all my pics from iPhoto synced.

Nice to have, but no loss without - ability to select amount of vibes instead of the phone vibing with each ring.
    11-03-2011 11:45 AM
    Siri for iPhone 4. That is all I want.
    11-03-2011 12:10 PM
    - Ability to subscribe to podcasts within the iPhone with automatic background download of latest updates.
    There are several apps that do just that. I use Podcaster.
    App Store - Podcaster 4
    11-03-2011 12:30 PM
    There are apps in that currently do just that. I use Podcaster.
    11-03-2011 02:26 PM
    ability to add SAVED folder to mail
    11-03-2011 03:20 PM
    iOS 5 is amazing but there are still things that clearly could make it even better. These are the things i would love to see in a .1 upgrade.

1. Ability to delete Photo Stream pictures - either on the device or through the web interface
    2. Wifi picture sync/transfer - Wifi sync is useless to me if I still have to connect via USB to get my pictures onto my laptop. Yes Photo Stream deals with that too but you don't want to put every picture you take into Photo Stream
    3. Apple ID linking - have two seperate IDs but link media bought with the IDs, very useful for family members with multiple devices
    4. Notification Center available from lockscreen - as long as this is not an error on my devices why wouldn't it be available on the lockscreen to show you the info?
    11-03-2011 03:46 PM
    I would like to have more widgets for the notification pull down.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.522845,-0.708692
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Previous_Future likes this.
    11-03-2011 03:58 PM
    iOS 5 is amazing but there are still things that clearly could make it even better. These are the things i would love to see in a .1 upgrade.

1. Ability to delete Photo Stream pictures - either on the device or through the web interface
    2. Wifi picture sync/transfer - Wifi sync is useless to me if I still have to connect via USB to get my pictures onto my laptop. Yes Photo Stream deals with that too but you don't want to put every picture you take into Photo Stream
    3. Apple ID linking - have two seperate IDs but link media bought with the IDs, very useful for family members with multiple devices
    4. Notification Center available from lockscreen - as long as this is not an error on my devices why wouldn't it be available on the lockscreen to show you the info?
    Wow, I would love to see these upgrades.
    11-03-2011 06:03 PM
    I would like to see the calendar app give me the ability to "Go To Date" with a tap. Can't believe that this elementary functionality is not already a part of the app.
    11-04-2011 09:35 PM
    I want to be able to have all my pics from iPhoto synced.

Nice to have, but no loss without - ability to select amount of vibes instead of the phone vibing with each ring.
    I would also like to have to option to have all text messages time stamped. As it is, I have no idea when texts came in, except for the few random date/time stamps.
    11-05-2011 12:16 PM
    I want Facebook integration like they did with twitter
    11-06-2011 09:54 PM
    FaceTime on 3G but I don't think all carriers would agree on that
    FaceTime on 3G already exists on some carriers apple flipped the switch but most carriers won't flip the switch

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    11-06-2011 10:27 PM
    quick reply option for the twitter integration... dont want to buy an app just for that
    11-07-2011 06:43 PM
    - MORE Twitter integration. Let me tweet from anywhere. Either give me a "quick tweet" (??) widget in notification center or a swipe to bring up the normal tweet interface.

- quick reply from notification center ( and lockscreen ).

- Calendar events that show on the lockscreen ( all day, not just after the alert ).
    cocochannel likes this.
    11-07-2011 07:36 PM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD