Apparently when you get a notification on your lock screen you are able to tap and slide the message to read or reply to it. I am having issues with this on my phone. I can tap and hold on the message then it says slide to read. I will slide to read it and only thing happens is I need to enter my password. Thought the whole purpose of opening up straight to your message was to save time from entering your password.
    10-26-2011 11:54 PM
    Nope. If you have a passcode you still need to enter it. This just keeps you from having to go enter the app once unlocked.
    10-27-2011 12:44 AM
    If you could bypass the passcode by swiping a message notification, it would defeat the purpose (and security) of the passcode, would it not?

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.
    10-27-2011 01:20 AM
    I thought the same thing but I have been able to read messages a couple of times without unlocking my phone. I was referring to this video

Last edited by goherd; 10-27-2011 at 08:55 AM.
    10-27-2011 08:53 AM
    I thought the same thing but I have been able to read messages a couple of times without unlocking my phone. I was referring to this video

the guy in that video had no passcode on his phone if you dont have a password then it wont ask you for one..
    10-27-2011 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD