Features for iOS 6??

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Now that iOS 5 is with us and pretty much overs everything what do you think Apple could do software wise for iOS 6?

I mean changes to software only, obviously with the introduction of new hardware, maybe such as NFC, will come software.

I'm talking brand new things!!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i hope Apple does not jump onto the 3D screen train. looks too gimmicky. leave that type of stuff to android

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the 3D screen, its not really needed on a phone...

I was thinking along the lines of opening up the cameras... Would love to Video chat with my friends on Android who can't afford a Facetime device and arent on Skype....

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
iOS 6, iOS 5.1.... Call it what you want, besides obvious bug fixes can you think of anything apple has missed?

@dp_scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
iOS 6, iOS 5.1.... Call it what you want, besides obvious bug fixes can you think of anything apple has missed?

@dp_scott

Yes Facetime on 3G but I dont think we'll see that happen. All carriers would need to be on board with that one and hignly doubt that happens..

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

I was thinking along the lines of opening up the cameras... Would love to Video chat with my friends on Android who can't afford a Facetime device and arent on Skype....

You could use Tango. Also, Apple claimed Facetime was an "open" standard at first, but we can see it's not very open.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Apple really needs to add widgets for Wifi and bluetooth and fast. Apple added AVRCP to iOS 4.1 for safety enhancement so people didn't have to look at their phone to change songs. I believe that adding a bluetooth widget would also improve safety so people would have to click 4 different times to turn bluetooth on/off. This is especially true when driving.

epb

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
For iOS5, they can work out the bugs.

Their main target for iOS6, imo, should be shrinking it - it should use less RAM and less disk space. It should run fine on an iPad 1 and absolutely fly on an iPad 3, as if I were running Windows 3.1 on a dual core processor with 10,000rpm drive. :)

IamHahn

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Less than a year. What's the harm in speculating what changes might occur?

Agreed. Very happy with iOS 5, but, we need to keep thinking ahead.

For iOS5, they can work out the bugs.

Their main target for iOS6, imo, should be shrinking it - it should use less RAM and less disk space. It should run fine on an iPad 1 and absolutely fly on an iPad 3, as if I were running Windows 3.1 on a dual core processor with 10,000rpm drive. :)

iOS 5 on my 4s is so fast (compared to iOS 4.x on my wifes iP4), I sometimes sit there and wait for something to load only to see it was already done and waiting on me! I do concur that iOS 6 should work on the iPad first gen though, I'd hate to see it dropped off. Fortunately Apple, in my humble opinion, does a great job of making software work with legacy devices.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site

There is a FREE cross platform app called Tango that will allow you to video chat with your friends that use android. Its free on iphones and droids.

Reactions: anon(631531)

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Appreciate that there are apps for just about everything but this means I need an app for my droid friends and app for my BB friends and one for my Nokia friends..... Just build it in apple and save us all some time

@dp_scott

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh