strange itunes sync problem

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
When I sync with itunes I keep getting this pop up message on the iphone after it is complete saying that 2 items cannot be synced and to see itunes, but I can't find anywhere in itunes that shows me a log detail that will tell me what items cannot be synced. Does anyone know?

BigLan

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Are you using a cable to sync? If so the info will show there in iTunes. It's more then likely an app or music you got from someone.

Reactions: csal80

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
The same window that come up saying there was a problem, there should be a + sign on the dialog you can click to expand and see what apps caused problems.

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The same window that come up saying there was a problem, there should be a + sign on the dialog you can click to expand and see what apps caused problems.

This is only popping up on the iphone and there is no plus sign where I can expand. It refers me to itunes where there is no trace of sync conflicts.

allan_vancovuer

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Sync error message on iPad, no message on iTunes

I have a very similar problem and an active incident at Apple Support: Error message on the iPad with no error on iTunes, connected via cable, not wifi.

The problem occurs for me when I have "Include Videos" in the Photos tab ("101 files could not be synced, check iTunes", but iTunes has no error: it just quit syncing after 77 of 178 videos). I suggest you change the sync settings on iTunes for Photos: Select all events/faces/albums but uncheck Videos/Movies, to see if it is the same problem. If you are not syncing from iPhoto but are syncing from a regular file system, there may be similar options. You should be able to determine what kind of media is not syncing via elimination with a bit of effort.

I have 19000 photos/videos (over 19GB) being synced from my iPhoto library to my iPad, and have narrowed it down to videos after syncing 1 year of my library at a time in several steps. Today I am working with the iPhoto support person to repair or refresh stuff in my iPhoto library so see if this helps.

Regarding IOS 5 and iTunes, however, the sync problem is not generating error messages to help find the problem and it has taken me hours of fussing and 3 calls to Apple Support so far to find out what is wrong (all via a process of elimination, not any diagnostic data or messages).

I had no sync problems at all before upgrading to IOS 5, the latest iTunes and latest iPhote 9.2

I will post the results of the Support incident once this is solved.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox