iPhone Notifications Better But Still Not as Good

templetonryecy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes something important is not planned. If you were away from your phone and missed an important call/text, it's nice to be able to walk in the room and know immediately without picking up your phone that you missed that call/message. It could be an emergency from a loved one. I missed a call from my girlfriend who needed a jump because I didn't realize I missed anything. All I did was step outside for minute to talk to a neighbor. I didn't happen to check my phone till a half hour later.

Exactly. Well said. It makes NO sense to not include a LED notification option. For those that think they "don't want something blinking at them," well, then turn off that feature like you can on Android or BB.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. Well said. It makes NO sense to not include a LED notification option. For those that think they "don't want something blinking at them," well, then turn off that feature like you can on Android or BB.

I owned 3 blakcberrys and do miss the led.. im not sure why apple wont do one properly

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
How could an LED be done wrong? Seems pretty basic to me.

I'm not a fan of the LED, but my wife is. Not enough to go back to BB, but she does miss that blinking red light. There is plenty of room on the front of an iPhone to have an LED, so maybe with an iPhone5, they'll get it done. I think that if enough people start lobbying for one, it could happen.

DaveGreengo

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the LED, but my wife is. Not enough to go back to BB, but she does miss that blinking red light. There is plenty of room on the front of an iPhone to have an LED, so maybe with an iPhone5, they'll get it done. I think that if enough people start lobbying for one, it could happen.

I have a BB aswell as my iPhone 4 and 4s, and i cannot see why they haven't included a proper LED flash on the 4s, on my BB it flashes different colours for different things, ie red for call, green for BBM, blue for facebook, purple for email etc so without even pressing a button you know if you need to pick it up as soon as you look at your phone.

^^ YUP ^^

Kinda redundant, having to essentially clear notifications twice

+1 Definetly with you on this one

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a BB aswell as my iPhone 4 and 4s, and i cannot see why they haven't included a proper LED flash on the 4s, on my BB it flashes different colours for different things, ie red for call, green for BBM, blue for facebook, purple for email etc so without even pressing a button you know if you need to pick it up as soon as you look at your phone.

+1 Definetly with you on this one

I agree. It shouldn't be a difficult thing to add to the next iPhone.

eyeseeyou

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Do you guys know about the led notification feature?

Only flashes a few times per notification and in one color but still better than nothing I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone 10