they both seem to do the same thing as far as reminding you. what is the difference in the two?
    10-24-2011 04:07 PM
    Anyone know the difference between the two?
    10-25-2011 12:28 AM
    I much prefer calendar events because I sync my calendars across multiple platforms.

For example, if I create a calendar event on my phone, it will show up on google calendar on my pc. Reminders on the other hand can't be synced to other calendars.

Also, there's lots of great 3rd party calendar apps (miCal is my favorite), but there are no 3rd party Reminders apps.
    10-25-2011 12:31 AM
    I use the reminders for items like shopping lists and to do items (call vet, etc.) that are not real calendar events. Personal preference, but you are correct both act the same.
    10-25-2011 06:21 AM
    Reminder has a feature that alerts once you reach the destination. Reminder is more likely for present/undergoing activity planning, Calendar for future planning. I may be messed up, but dont mind me.
    10-27-2011 05:32 AM

Also, there's lots of great 3rd party calendar apps (miCal is my favorite), but there are no 3rd party Reminders apps.
    There are plenty of third party reminder apps. They are mostly called tasks though.

The idea for a task/reminder is that you have something to do by a given date/time, but unlike an event on a calendar it doesn't matter when you do a task as long as it's before that date - or it could be open ended.
    10-27-2011 07:32 AM
    More for reminding me to make phone calls, remember to phone someone etc. I wouldn't want to fill up my calendar with stuff like that.

When I got my 4S they told me that after 14 days I could claim 50 cashback for giving my old phone to my wife. So I opened Siri in the shop and told it to remind in 14 days from now to call "insert number here" for my rebate. It added a reminder for the 28th. Great stuff!
    10-27-2011 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD