Difference Between Caldanders and Reminder Alerts?

pinny

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
I much prefer calendar events because I sync my calendars across multiple platforms.

For example, if I create a calendar event on my phone, it will show up on google calendar on my pc. Reminders on the other hand can't be synced to other calendars.

Also, there's lots of great 3rd party calendar apps (miCal is my favorite), but there are no 3rd party Reminders apps.

PhoneAddict

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I use the reminders for items like shopping lists and to do items (call vet, etc.) that are not real calendar events. Personal preference, but you are correct both act the same.

JBoen

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Reminder has a feature that alerts once you reach the destination. Reminder is more likely for present/undergoing activity planning, Calendar for future planning. I may be messed up, but dont mind me.

AStranger

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Also, there's lots of great 3rd party calendar apps (miCal is my favorite), but there are no 3rd party Reminders apps.

There are plenty of third party reminder apps. They are mostly called tasks though.

The idea for a task/reminder is that you have something to do by a given date/time, but unlike an event on a calendar it doesn't matter when you do a task as long as it's before that date - or it could be open ended.

sd3sign

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
More for reminding me to make phone calls, remember to phone someone etc. I wouldn't want to fill up my calendar with stuff like that.

When I got my 4S they told me that after 14 days I could claim ?50 cashback for giving my old phone to my wife. So I opened Siri in the shop and told it to remind in 14 days from now to call "insert number here" for my rebate. It added a reminder for the 28th. Great stuff!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice